Okay, so you're probably sick of scones, but I had some blueberries and lemons that needed to be eaten and they were just screaming, "Make me into scones!" :) Again, I experimented with the coconut oil, but feel free to substitute butter if you'd like.
Makes 8 scones
* 2C whole wheat pastry flour
* 1/2C oats
* 1Tbl. baking powder
* 1/4tsp. salt
* 1tsp. cinnamon
* 1/3C raw sugar
* Zest of one lemon
* 1/2C coconut oil
* 1C blueberries
* 1/3C milk
* 1tsp. vanilla extract
* Juice of half a lemon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine all the dry ingredients from flour to lemon zest and mix well.
3. With your fingers cut in the coconut oil until pea-sized bits form. Be careful not to over mix.
4. Fold in the blueberries.
5. Mix the milk and vanilla extract together, then add it to the dry ingredients. Mix with your hands until just combined, again being careful not to over mix.
6. Put the dough onto a slightly floured surface and shape into a circle.
8. Sprinkle some sugar on the top, squeeze some lemon juice from 1/2 the lemon on the circle, then sprinkle on a tad more sugar.
9. Cut the circle into 8 wedges and place them on a cookie sheet or baking stone.
10. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly browned.
(Sorry for the lack of pictures, but for some reason every time I tried to upload one it failed.)