March 2, 2010

Happiness all around

Hooray!  March is here and with it comes the knowledge that spring is just around the corner.  Here in Denver, March is usually our snowiest month, but take a look at the weather forecast this week:
Yay!  Five days all above 50 degrees!  That is awesome.  I foresee days of playing outside with my boys, airing out our house full of sick germs, and doing my intervals on an outside track!  :)  Now, knowing Colorado where the most popular saying is, "If you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes," I know how quickly the weather can change.  But, I'm really hoping it will stay warm and beautiful this week.

On another happy note, I whipped out an easy 4.5 mile run today on the treadmill while my boys played at kids club.  Have I  mentioned before how much I love that place?  It really is a dream come true for parents trying to stay fit.  At first I was dreading running on the treadmill because it was so beautiful out and I really wanted to be outside running.  But, once I started I got into my groove and the time and miles just flew by.  However, even though it was a good treadmill run, I'm really hoping that I'll be able to run outside for the rest of the week.  Especially for my long 9 miler on Saturday.

Alright, I'm off to watch another awesome episode of LOST.  See you tomorrow for Humpastry day! :)

10 comments:

AM! said...

love the tv (?) weather screen! awesome.
and oh, yeah definitely hear you on kids club. my gym has a jr. club and i swear it was my saving grace the first year of my lil' babies lives;-)
in fact i still use it, and they're 4 and diggin' it.
bring on the sun!

DRog said...

I sooooo miss CO weather...lived in Denver 93' thru 96' we dont get those 50+degree days in MN until April.....oh wait maybe May lol

n/a said...

The kids gym at my Y kept me sane when my boys were little. That hour of "me time" each day made me a better mommy. Plus they looked forward to playing with their friends so it was a win-win for everyone! Hope those perfect temps stick around for you and good luck on the 9 miler!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Even though I am jealous, I am glad someone is gonna have nice weather.

Amanda said...

so so jealous. ran in 30 degrees this morning, dreaming of again wearing shorts...soon.

enjoy the weather!

misszippy said...

I want that forecast! We do have a couple of 50s in our seven-day, though. I'm a LOST fan also, and I have missed too many this year. I am lost in LOST!

Regina said...

Our temps wont be quite as high, but we are getting a little warmer weather love on the east coast too, yeah!! However, not today....freezing rain and snow.

I love anyplace that has babysitting so I can workout, like my local Y.

Jon said...

Wooah! Take advantage of the fantastic weather! You think Ole Man Winter finally broke his back?

Velma said...

YEA!! Spring is almost here. I also love the kids club!

Julie said...

Hi Aimee,
I miss Denver!! I am a little jealous of your warm temps. this week:) Nice job at getting your runs in!!