I was recently tagged by Amanda at Rockstar Rants to list 10 random things about me. So here they are! :)
10 Random Things:
1. I love flowers. All kinds and all colors, but I especially love wildflowers. You know, the ones that you just happen to come across while out on a hike...those are the most beautiful. And, I love when my husband surprises me with a bouquet of flowers for no reason at all. I also love planting flowers all around our house in the spring. Once Mother's Day hits (this is usually when we're all clear of frost warnings) we are all about going to a nursery and buying wagon loads of flowers to plant.
2. I used to run cross country in high school. I absolutely loved it! Every once in awhile I'll be at the park with my boys and the high school cross country team comes running by. It really makes me miss it. It was such a fun time in my life. Someday I want to coach a girl's cross country team. That would be so awesome!
3. I love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter. So much so that sometimes when I'm really having a sweet tooth I will get the bag of chocolate chips, the peanut butter, and a spoon and dig in! Yummmm!
4. I am the type of person that has a really hard time warming up once I get chilled. And, although my husband teases me about always being cold, he surprised me one day with an electric blanket. It is awesome! So now, in the winter time, I sleep with the electric blanket underneath my sheet and it keeps me nice and toasty all night long!
5. I love to read. I constantly have a pile of books and magazines on my nightstand.
6. I am and have always been very self conscious about my body. I know a lot of girls are, but you would think that I would be over it by now considering I'm 33 years old and I've had two kids (hello...giving birth leaves no room for self consciousness)! But, it's frustrating because it limits me in so many ways.
7. I am a teacher, but have traded that in to be a stay at home mom to my two boys. They are everything to me and I have enjoyed being with them in their early years. Some days are definitely better than others, and it does get hard sometimes. But, I love it and I feel very fortunate every day that I am able to do it.
8. I love poetry. I have lots of poetry books that I have collected over the years. When my husband and I first started dating he would write me little poems. That's one of the things that attracted me to him. I've saved them all and will always cherish them.
9. I have two sisters, one older and one younger. I am only 1yr. apart from my younger sister and have always been pretty close with her, but I love both of my sisters very much (even though my older sister may not realize it).
10. I am originally from a small town in Kansas called Dodge City. The city has changed quite a bit since we moved from there (I was still in elementary school). My grandparents were farmers and we basically grew up around cows, wheat, and tractors. My sisters, cousins, and I would always play around the farm while the grown-ups did who knows what? As a parent now, I can imagine how nice that must have been for the grown-ups. The kids were all out playing for hours on end and they got to have "adult" time indoors! My grandparents have both passed away and the farm has new, young owners just starting their life, but I will always hold the memories of the farm near and dear to my heart.
Alrighty, there you have it! I'm going to tag six of you that may not have been tagged before. Have fun! :)
* DRog - DR: TRI'ing 4 Iron
* Heidi - TriAngle
* Teresa - Tri-A-Licious
* Jon - SwiCycloRun
* Velma - Running with Boys
* MissZippy - I couldn't have said it better