* It's official! My HIM training started on Monday! Woohoo! I am very excited about my training and can't wait to get into the thick of it.
Here's my week M-Sun (what I did is in green, what I have yet to do is in purple):
Swim: 5230yds/ 2500yds
Bike: 2hr/ 3hrs.
Run: 1hr. 40min/ 45min.
Yoga: 1hr. (O-kay, technically yoga is not part of my plan, but it's something I do for myself every week to help balance all the training, and I love it!)
* I was supposed to bike for 1:30 on Tuesday, but I cut it to an hour because LOST came on and I just couldn't focus on the show! Ha ha...gotta have priorities!
* As you all know, I went to my first Masters swimming session yesterday. I just want to thank all of you for your comments and encouragement. They really meant a lot to me. I am planning on sticking with it as well as doing my regular 4:30AM swims. And, I am still going to a swim coach once every 2 weeks. Hopefully with all of that, I will see some improvements!
* I have had to do all of my rides on my trainer this week and I was really looking forward to riding outside this weekend. But, good ole' Mother Nature has different plans in store: rain, rain, and more snow. Lovely! So, it looks like I'll be on my trainer for my long weekend ride, again. Ughhh!
* I'm in the process of figuring out what I'm going to do next year in terms of work. I have been very fortunate to be able to stay home with my boys, but I may be going back to work part time next year. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it, but whatever we decide I know it will be the best decision for our family.
* My husband and I will be celebrating our 8th anniversary on Monday! It has truly been an amazing adventure!
* I know yesterday was Earth day, but I think every day should be Earth day-don't you think? We try and do our part, but I know there's always more we can do.
Here are just a few of the things that we do to help:
* Use reusable shopping bags as often as we can. I even keep a collapsible one in my purse for the times I forget to bring one.
* Use reusable mugs when we venture out to Starbucks (Seriously though, you would think that Starbucks would have the means to make their cups recyclable!)
* We actually use our bread bags as poop bags when we take our dog for walks. Have you seen how much special doggie poop bags cost? Ridiculous!
* We have our t.v., dvd player, stereo, etc. plugged into a power strip that we turn off when we're done with them. That way, they're not using electricity even though they're not on.
* We recycle as much as we can. Our neighbors, who are in their late 80's, don't recycle at all. C'mon people...it's so easy to do!
* Lastly, I got this video link through my Facebook page and for some reason I feel compelled to share it. Colorado passed a no texting law, but I still see people doing it all of the time. There have been so many accidents lately caused by people talking/texting on their phones and they could have all been prevented. I know that sometimes it's nice to talk while you're out driving, but I don't think any phone call is as important as someone's life. Now, I am guilty of talking on the phone while driving, but after seeing this and the countless number of stories on the news about people getting in accidents, I will definitely think twice about picking up my phone. Warning: this is pretty graphic, so viewer discretion is advised. Since I still don't know how to upload videos, here's the link: