April 23, 2010

A week in review and other things too

Training:
*  It's official!  My HIM training started on Monday!  Woohoo!  I am very excited about my training and can't wait to get into the thick of it.
Here's my week M-Sun (what I did is in green, what I have yet to do is in purple):
Swim: 5230yds/ 2500yds
Bike:  2hr/ 3hrs.
Run: 1hr. 40min/ 45min.
Yoga: 1hr.  (O-kay, technically yoga is not part of my plan, but it's something I do for myself every week to help balance all the training, and I love it!)


*  I was supposed to bike for 1:30 on Tuesday, but I cut it to an hour because LOST came on and I just couldn't focus on the show!  Ha ha...gotta have priorities!

* As you all know, I went to my first Masters swimming session yesterday.  I just want to thank all of you for your comments and encouragement.  They really meant a lot to me.  I am planning on sticking with it as well as doing my regular 4:30AM swims.  And, I am still going to a swim coach once every 2 weeks.  Hopefully with all of that, I will see some improvements!

* I have had to do all of my rides on my trainer this week and I was really looking forward to riding outside this weekend.  But, good ole' Mother Nature has different plans in store: rain, rain, and more snow.  Lovely!  So, it looks like I'll be on my trainer for my long weekend ride, again.  Ughhh!

Life:
* I'm in the process of figuring out what I'm going to do next year in terms of work.  I have been very fortunate to be able to stay home with my boys, but I may be going back to work part time next year.  I'm not quite sure how I feel about it, but whatever we decide I know it will be the best decision for our family.

*  My husband and I will be celebrating our 8th anniversary on Monday!  It has truly been an amazing adventure!

* I know yesterday was Earth day, but I think every day should be Earth day-don't you think?  We try and do our part, but I know there's always more we can do.
Here are just a few of the things that we do to help:
     * Use reusable shopping bags as often as we can.  I even keep a collapsible one in my purse for the times I forget to bring one.
     *  Use reusable mugs when we venture out to Starbucks (Seriously though, you would think that Starbucks would have the means to make their cups recyclable!)
     *  We actually use our bread bags as poop bags when we take our dog for walks.  Have you seen how much special doggie poop bags cost?  Ridiculous!
     *  We have our t.v., dvd player, stereo, etc. plugged into a power strip that we turn off when we're done with them.  That way, they're not using electricity even though they're not on.
     *  We recycle as much as we can.  Our neighbors, who are in their late 80's, don't recycle at all.  C'mon people...it's so easy to do!

*  Lastly, I got this video link through my Facebook page and for some reason I feel compelled to share it.  Colorado passed a no texting law, but I still see people doing it all of the time.  There have been so many accidents lately caused by people talking/texting on their phones and they could have all been prevented.  I know that sometimes it's nice to talk while you're out driving, but I don't think any phone call is as important as someone's life.  Now, I am guilty of talking on the phone while driving, but after seeing this and the countless number of stories on the news about people getting in accidents, I will definitely think twice about picking up my phone.  Warning: this is pretty graphic, so viewer discretion is advised.  Since I still don't know how to upload videos, here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pubTiDCEVZ8&feature=related

8 comments:

Jon said...

Good luck starting the HIM training! Yeah, Lost is my crack. Need it to be over with finally to keep the anxiety @ bay! haha!

Christi said...

I wish you the best training cycle possible. Soon the weather will cooperate! Happy Anniversary!

KC (my 140 point 6 mile journey) said...

OMG, I feel terrible. How was I not following you. I believe in reciprocation. And you have left so many nice comments on my blog. I'm officially following you and have you listed on my blog roll. I'm definitely going to catch up on your blog over the weekend and make up for my unintentional rudeness. So sorry. I see you have your very first marathon in October...Nice! Your weekly numbers look a lot like mine. Great job on the swimming... i can totally appreciate that. Congrats on 8 years of marital bliss too!

Teamarcia said...

Good luck with your training--I bet you'll do great! Could not agree more on earth day everyday!

m said...

I use left over grocery bags for doggie poop bags. I used to buy the poop bags but they are just too darn expensive!

Exciting that you are starting your HIM training.

Regina said...

Good luck on the HIM training, funny I am coming to a close on mine while you are beginning.

I always carry a collapsible bag in my purse, reuse plastic grocery bags, and by law, we have to recycle in NYC. I reuse the take out containers instead of buying Tupperware. I hate Starbucks coffee so make we make our own at home. My son is king of recycling; he is constantly stealing items meant for the recycle bin and find new uses for them with him toy cars (boxes become garages, toilet paper and paper towel rolls become tunnels, etc.

Oh! we are making your oatmeal cookies this weekend!

Kathleen said...

Nothing like a good dose of rain and snow to start off your HIM training with!

Best of luck with it!!!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSITY!!!!!!!!!