April 24, 2010

Honest Scrap Award

I got nominated by Big Daddy Diesel at Tri Diesel (Thanks BDD!) for the Honest Scrap award, so here are 10 honest things about myself:

1.  If I had to choose between salty or sweet treats, I would pick sweet 95% of the time!

2.  I have dreamed of doing an adventure race, and think it would be so amazing.  But, realistically, I don't think I'll ever get to do one.

3.  I feel so very lucky and fortunate to have an amazing husband and two wonderful little boys in my life.  They mean the world to me and I honestly don't know what I would do without them.

4.  With #3 being said, when I drive somewhere by myself (no kids) I turn the station to MY music and turn it up loud! Too often, car time gets filled with versions of "Wheels on the bus" or songs by Raffi, and it's nice to have some moments that are kid free.

5.  I love naps and would probably take one every day if I could.  Maybe it has something to do with getting up at 4:30 to swim..ha ha.

6.   I have major body image issues.  I wish I could flip a switch in my mind to make them go away, but I can't.  My fear is that somehow I will pass on my insecurities about my body to my sons, which is something I hope never happens.

7.  I don't really like beer (I'm more of a wine person).  Sometimes it's nice to have one with pizza or if we're BBQing on a hot day, but really I could do without it.  My problem is that I can't drink a lot at once so my beer always gets warm before I can finish it....yuck!

8.  I make awesome homemade guacamole and look forward to hanging out outside on warm, summer days with chips, guac, and my husband's homemade margaritas.  Yum!

9.  Spiders inside my house scare the begeegies out of me!  I don't have arachnophobia or anything b/c they don't really bother me outside.  But, we get some big ones in our basement and I hate them.  When my son was younger, sometimes he would just say "spider" and point to it on the wall.  I would run to get a shoe or a dust buster to suck it up as fast as I could.  Sometimes if they are really big, my husband has to take care of them...I know, I'm a wuss!

10.   My perfect temperature is 72 degrees with NO wind.  I am neither cold or hot...just content.  I know it's a weird temperature, but I have a hard time regulating my body temp.  I'm either cold, or hot, or both and it drives me and my husband crazy!  Those 72 degree days are few and far between, but when they come, you'll find me outside enjoying #8.  :)  

I hope you all have a great weekend! :)

12 comments:

Christi said...

Okay, ditto on the body issues. I many myself and sometimes I do see my son acting the same way. I want to kick myself.

I love beer! Wine I like occasionally, so I guess we are opposite on that.

I love, love guacamole!!!! There is nothing I love more after a great workout than beer, chips, quac and salsa! Mmmmmm!

I think 72 degrees is a great temp but I think we are in the wrong place for that!

Have a great weekend!

KC (my 140 point 6 mile journey) said...

aaahhh yes, naps! just woke up from one. something about all of those 4:15am wake ups all week and today's long ride make me so tired. I think we all need to pack up and move to Hawaii for the "perfect" weather! great honest list Aimee!

Julie said...

Hi Aimee,
I loved this post!! Congrats on the Honest Scrap Award:) I love naps every now and then too...especially on the weekends after a race:) I am the same as you...more of a wine girl than beer. I am still looking for that beer that catches my attention...still looking:) I can relate to the whole being insecure about my body thing. I am the same way and I really don't know why. I can tell you that you are beautiful and have a fantastic body...seriously. You are fit and there are women who would love to trade spots with you right now. I know it is hard to listen to other people when the brain is telling you different:) You look great Aimee...stop fretting!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Heidi Austin, PT, DPT said...

Yum yum margaritas and guac. The best summer treat!!! And spiders sscary stuff. Thanx for sharing!!!

teacherwoman said...

Oh it was fun to learn more about you! I love homemade guacamole! hint hint! LOL

X-Country2 said...

I'm the same way with body issues. I'm thankful I'm having boys since I'd screw up girls FOR SURE.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Thanks for playing along, I love me some naps, I dont get enough of them.


HAHAHAHA word verification was a naughty word LOLOLOLOL I will be a gentleman and spare what it was, but I couldnt beleive it .

Amanda said...

mmmm....guacamole..and a nap. sounds amazinG!
i love these lists

Regina said...

Me too on the body issues. I wish I could just let it go, but I was a chubby teen, so some demons are hard to exorcise. Naps, the word alone is music to my ears....I need one now.

I'm coming over for guacamole. How soon can you have it ready?

Paula (Adventure Junkie Mom) said...

You SHOULD do an Adventure Race. They are alot of fun!!

Ditto on the naps. Ahhh they feel so good when I get around to getting one, which isn't often.
Beer, chips and guac...mmmmm. Love it. Good carbs, fat, and salt. LOL I can justify just about anything! =)

AM! said...

Those are great. and i love naps. i'm convincing myself I deserve one right now b4 my afternoon run;-)

and i'm more of a vino gal vs. beer for sure!

and make a guac as a giveaway! i guess it wouldn't ship well though...aw well.

and I think it's the curse of being a western female that has us have these body image blahs. I know it's ez to say via a blog, but i looks like you're doing a fab job all around with your mind/body and spirit;-)

Emz said...

#8. loving #8. craving #8. :)