April 5, 2010

Easter fun for all!

Yesterday was a perfect day!  The weather was beautiful, there was no wind, and we basically spent all day outside.  My husband went on a long 3 hour bike ride after breakfast while I dyed Easter eggs with my boys.
They wanted to wear some latex gloves that we use for cleaning.  As you can see, the gloves don't even fit them..ha ha
When my husband got back from his ride, it was my turn to go for a ride.  I was so excited to get out on my bike again.  I got a new Descente jersey during REI's super clearance sale months ago that has been sitting in my closet waiting to be worn.  I finally got the chance to wear it yesterday.  It's kind of hard to see in the picture, but the sleeves can actually snap off.  I thought the jersey was so cute and clever.  Don't you think?
My ride went really well, but after an hour my shoulders and neck got a little tired from being in the aero position.  Although I've been riding on the trainer, it really isn't anything like riding outside.  The good thing is that the pain will go away the more I get to ride outside...which will be quite often now that the weather is getting nicer. :)

I had an embarrassing moment when I stopped to adjust my shorts (for some reason they have started riding up...ughh!).  When I was ready to go I had my right foot unclipped and clipped in my left.  I brought my left foot up a little bit to give me a little push, and at the last minute I decided that I should get some water since I was already stopped.  I tried to bring my left foot back down, but I started to fall to the left and somehow managed to hop on my right foot until my bike was balanced again.  I honestly do not know how I didn't fall over.  But, my theory is that all the balancing poses I've been doing in my yoga class had something to do with it.  That, or dumb luck!  All I know is that I'm sure other riders that saw me were probably laughing their a**es off!

When I got home, this is what I found: the loves of my life.
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  :)

20 comments:

misszippy said...

LOVE that jersey, and the concept of snap-off sleeves. you're right--the trainer just doesn't compare to hitting the road!

Charisa said...

Yeah for riding outside!

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like a great easter! The jersey is too cool!

justme said...

love that the short arms snap on and off ! sounds like a great day, love how both of you are exercising and give the other one that time. lot's of balance we have to do to get our exercise in huh

Mel-2nd Chances said...

That jersey is very cool, great job on the ride, and glad you didn't fall! :)

DRog said...

Nice job on the ride! That's gotta feel great breaking out the jersey that's been shelved for a few months...have a great week
-D

Unknown said...

Awesome job on not eating concrete! That is an accomplishment unto itself right there!

My wife bit it at a stop sign yesterday. It was the typically slo-mo "oh crap" land on your butt fall. She was embarrassed but unhurt so we both chuckled! She is now part of the club!

AM! said...

look at your boyz...so cute;-)
can't wait for you and your race this weekend. ;-)

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I hate when I am about to fall, its doesnt hurt anything but the ego, but gald you didnt get some concrete.

Now that is genious, jersey that the sleeves pop off!! How cool it that!!

Christi said...

I love the jersey! And here's to riding outdoors!

Jon said...

Staying aero on the trainer doesn't seem to make me go any faster!

liz said...

Love the jersey !

Anonymous said...

I'm right there witcha on riding outdoors...it's "freeing"...

Paula (Adventure Junkie Mom) said...

Great blog. I just found you and am happy I did. Best of luck on your 1/2 this weekend. Can't wait to hear all about it.
Oh, love the new jersey. Love the idea of snap off sleeves.

Amanda said...

i got a bunch of descente gear and i love it all! Nice work on not falling over. I'm sure i'd have been on the ground.

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

Nice save! And I'm loving the jersey!

So which skirt did you get?

Kathleen said...

What a cute picture of your family in the hammock!

Regina said...

Looks like you guys used the same egg coloring kit as we did. It was good fun!! I had green fingertips for a day or two. Every Saturday so far someone falls over on their bike in my group. I'm just waiting for my turn. Love the jersey!

Stefanie said...

LOL I almost bit the dust on Saturday. I did the dance on your cleat in an effort not to put the weight on the wrong leg. Yeah I recovered but ti was a heart pounding few seconds.

Great job on the balance!

Anonymous said...

I love that blue jacket!!