I've noticed that a lot of bloggers have "Three Things Thursday," Big Daddy Diesel has "Weekly Ramblings," and others have weekly recaps. So, I thought I'd try one out myself. But, instead of just talking about my training, I'd like to talk about things going on in my life too. Sometimes I just need to vent and put ideas down on "paper" and I thought this would be a good place to do it!
* I managed to get in 2 swims this week instead of 2. I don't think I can use "being tired" as an excuse anymore. My official training starts next week for Boulder 70.3 and I need to HTFU and get to the pool! Period!
* This week was a taper week for me because of my 1/2 marathon on Sunday. I know some people have a hard time with taper weeks, but it was a nice change of pace for me and my family. My husband had a meeting yesterday that got done early, so we took our youngest in the jogger and went for a nice, easy ~4.5M run around Wash park. It was great!
* The 100 push-up challenge put on by Jeff is getting tough! Although, I have definitely seen an improvement. For my initial test I could only do 12 push-ups. For the exhaustion test at the beginning of this week I could do 26! Woohoo!
* REI dividends rock, especially with the 20% member coupon! My husband and I have the REI Visa so our dividend was pretty sweet this year. We divided it up and each got part of it. I got some new clothes, none of which I really needed, and he got some camping stuff.
Here's a picture of one of the shirts I got. It's a jersey/running top by ZOIC. I like how it has a zippered pocket in the back. And, I thought the color and design pattern was super cute! :)
* For any of you that have little kids, can I just say that potty training sucks! It is soooo frustrating and takes every ounce of patience that I have. My 2 1/2yr. old is making progress, but it seems like it's taking forever! Some days he'll go all day without an accident, and on other days, he'll have accidents one after the other. Ugh! I have to keep reminding myself that he's not even 3 yet, and he'll get there eventually. I'm just so tired of diapers and pull-ups and want to be done with them!
* The weather here is getting nicer and is supposed to be in the mid 60's-upper 70's this weekend! Woohoo! That means lots of time outside with the boys, and a perfect temp. for my 1/2!
* I finally got my copy of "Run Like A Mother" from Amazon. So far, I'm really enjoying it. I really like their writing styles and how they present the information. I'm sure you have seen it on all the blogs, but if you haven't and you're a mother, you should check it out! Yesterday was so nice outside, that while the boys were content playing in the sand box, I pulled up my lounge chair and read....it was soooo nice.
I guess that's it for now. I hope you all have a great weekend! My Sunday Sampler may be put off b/c of my race this weekend (I know, I know, big surprise!), but hopefully I'll have a good race report in its place. :)