I cannot believe there are only 2 more weeks until Boulder 70.3! Yikes! It is coming sooo fast! I'm starting to get anxious, nervous, and excited. I think I'm ready, but I'm still really nervous about the swim. I know I can do the distance, but I just HATE the panic/freaking out I experience during the swim. I guess all I can do is hope for the best and accept that it will be what it will be.
* My master's swim coach decided to do an evening OWS practice at the Cherry Creek Reservoir on Monday night. I was so excited because I really wanted to get in more open water swimming. My husband joined us after work and played with the boys at the swim beach while I swam. I met some really nice women who are all doing the Tri for the Cure on Aug. 2nd. For most of them, this was the first time they had done any open water swimming. It was such a great atmosphere and I had an awesome swim. I ended up swimming almost 1.2M (the distance for my HIM) and I felt great the entire time!
* Tuesday night I was supposed to do the 1M Aquaman swim race. But, this picture pretty much sums up what happened.
* I had a great tempo run on Thursday! I took the boys to kids club and ran on a treadmill at the gym. I did 1M EZ, 4M tempo, and 1M EZ. It was a great run, but I was sweating so much! I felt sorry for the people on the treadmill next to me because the end of my pony tail was dripping with sweat and kept letting droplets of sweat fly through the air. Maybe that's why no one ever stayed very long next to me. Either that or I completely stunk! Ha ha
Other stuff too:
* Awhile ago I won a giveaway from Patrick at The Road (A Multi-Sport Blog). I finally got it in the mail this week, and this is what I won:
* So, on Monday when I was finished my OWS I went to put my wetsuit in the removal waterproof bag that is part of my TYR transition backpack (You can read my review of it here) and the seam where the zipper is completely broke and the zipper fell off. I tried to fix it, but I just could not figure out how to do it. So, I called TYR customer service to see if there was any way I could get it repaired. I explained what happened and the customer service rep. told me she would mail a new one out to me that day free of charge! I was so excited and thanked her profusely! And, guess what came in the mail yesterday?
* How cool was it that Andy Schleck got the stage win yesterday! I totally thought that Contador was going to make a move and sprint to the finish to win, but he didn't. My guess is that he got so much slack for what he did to Schleck when his chain fell off that he needed to improve his image. Regardless, Schleck deserved that win! I really hope he's able to win back the yellow jersey.
* I'll be doing my giveaway tomorrow so stay tuned!
I hope you all have a great weekend! :)