Chapati (Indian Flatbread):
Makes 4-6 servings
* 1C all purpose flour
* 1tsp. salt
* 1Tbl. Canola oil
* 3/4C warm water
* Any spices you want to add for flavor: garlic, garlic salt, marjoram/thyme/oregano mix, etc.
* 3Tbl. vegan margarine or butter, melted
1. In a large bowl, combine the flours, salt, oil, and warm water until a soft dough forms.
2. Knead the dough with your hands until smooth, about 3-5minutes. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and let rest for 30minutes.
3. Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces.
4. Roll out each piece on a lightly floured surface into circles about 1/4" thick.
5. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
6. Heat a lightly oiled skillet over medium heat. Add the flatbread and cook, turning once, until golden brown on both sides. It took about 2-3 minutes per side.
7. Brush the cooked flatbread with some melted butter and put on a cookie sheet/baking dish in the oven to stay warm while you cook the rest of the pieces. Cover the pieces loosely with aluminum foil to prevent them from drying out.
8. Eat with your favorite dish and enjoy!