Makes 2 - 9x5 loafs
* 1Tbl. lemon juice
* 1tsp. vanilla extract
* 1 1/2C brown sugar
* 1/3C canola oil
* 1/3C applesauce
* 1 flax egg (1Tbl. ground flax mixed with 3Tbl. water)
* 1 1/4C all purpose flour
* 1 1/4C whole wheat flour
* 1tsp. salt
* 1tsp. baking soda
* 1 1/2C chopped rhubarb
* 1/4C brown sugar
* 1/2tsp. cinnamon
* 1Tbl. butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Lightly grease two 9x5" loaf pans.
3. In a small bowl, mix the milk, lemon juice, and vanilla. Let stand for 10 minutes.
4. In a large bowl, mix the brown sugar, oil, and flax egg together.
5. In another bowl, combine the flours, salt, and baking soda.
6. Stir the flour mixture into the sugar mixture alternately with the milk mixture until just combined.
7. Fold in the rhubarb.
8. Pour the batter into the loaf pans.
9. If making the topping: In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Sprinkle the mixture over the batter in the loaf pans.