* I think this week went pretty well considering we had snow, thunderstorms, and crazy wind! I missed another long bike ride last weekend b/c of good ole' Mother Nature and the Mother's Day 5k on Sunday. However, the early swims, two-a-days, and evening workouts are definitely starting to catch up with me, and I was soooo tired on Friday. I actually fell asleep on the couch while my two boys played right next to me. It kind of freaked me out when I woke up, but our house wasn't burned down, so it was all good! :)
Here are the numbers:
Bike: 2 hours (Yikes! This should have been more, but I did what I could. I'm just really finding it hard to ride on the trainer for longer than an hour...ugh!)
Run: 2 1/2 hours (This includes my 5k PR...I'm still excited about it! ) :)
Swim: almost 6000M (My longest swim week yet...yay!)
* I went to another Masters swim class. It was actually really good this week. Some people didn't show up, so I ended up having a lane to myself. I felt fast and was able to complete most of the workout before I had to leave. I have to leave about 10min. early in order to get home in time for my husband to leave for work, which is kind of a bummer. So, I think I'm going to start going a little early to do the WU before the class starts and then jump right into the main set when the coach gets there.
* I am going to have to start my marathon training pretty soon for the Denver Rock-n-Roll marathon in October. So, I need some advice from you marathoners out there. What is the best plan to follow? Have any of you trained for a marathon and tri at the same time? If so, how did you fit it all in?
Other things too:
* I won an awesome towel from Words to Sweat By from Running Diva Mom and I got it in the mail this week! It came in the cutest packaging:
* So, after planting all of these beautiful flowers for Mother's Day we ended up losing some of them when we got 2 inches of snow this week and the temps. dropped below freezing! Are you kidding me? Isn't it May? Actually, I'm not surprised that it snowed because I do live in Colorado, but I am just tired of the cold. We have paid our winter dues and we are ready for some nice, warm spring days!
* My youngest son turns 3 years old this week! I cannot believe how fast the years have gone by.
* My in-laws are coming into town on Wednesday, so that means I have 3 days to clean, clean, clean! Ha ha! It will be great to have them here, and the boys are super excited for their Grammy and Grandad to come for a visit!
* O-kay all you LOST fans out there. How is it going to end? I cannot believe there are only 2 episodes left! My thinking is that in the end, the parallel life will end up being reality, but who knows. This show is so unpredictable and that's what I love about it!
* Speaking of shows, my two new favorite ones are Parenthood and Modern Family. They are hilarious! If you haven't seen them, you should definitely check them out. I know it might sound like I watch a lot of t.v., but I do most of my trainer rides at night after we put our boys to bed, and watching funny shows really helps the time go by. :)
I hope you all have a great weekend! :)