My training went pretty good this week. I'm still struggling to fit it all in, but I'm at peace with the fact that I will not be able to do it all every week. If I have to cut back my bike from 3 to 2hrs. because of rain, that's fine. If I have to cancel a swim because my son is sick and was up all night, that's fine too. I do follow a training plan, but I'm not the type of person that feels defeated or guilty if I miss a workout or two. The truth is, that my family and life take priority over my training, and I'm o.k. with that. I do what I can and that's all I can hope for. With that being said, here are my numbers for the week:
What I did, what I still need to do:
Bike: 4hr 45min. (~75M - Mostly on the trainer...uggh)
Run: 1hr 34min. (~12M) 1hr. run today
Swim: 4425yds. (Skipped this morning's swim b/c I was just too tired to get up!)
* I went to another Masters swim class on Thursday. It went much better and I'm happy to say there were no tears involved. I felt a little more confident, even though I'm still the slowest one. I ended up sharing a lane with a guy who had to be a body builder. He had huge arm and leg muscles, and literally had no neck...I'm not kidding! I'm all for guys who want to have ripped muscles, but I just don't find "body builder" bodies attractive in the least bit. Any other girls out there feel the same way? I'd take a runner/biker/triathlete body over muscle man any day! Anyways, every time we passed he made a huge wave and it always seemed to coincide with when I was breathing. Needless to say, I think I swallowed a gallon of pool water..yuck!
* Even though I still have to do the majority of my bike rides on my trainer, I can tell that I'm getting stronger. Woohoo! The weather this weekend is supposed to be beautiful, so I'm hoping to get in two rides outside! Hooray!
* I chickened out last weekend and didn't end up doing an OWS. It was cold and rainy outside and I just didn't feel the need to be cold. I can handle swimming in cold water if it's warm and sunny outside, but to be cold both in and out of the water I don't like. I am getting cold just thinking about it...brrr! I have 4 weekends before my sprint tri in June that I can practice open water swimming, so I think I'm going to wait a little longer to let the water warm up a bit. I know, I know, I'm a wuss!
* I'm racing in a Mother's Day 5k on Sunday. I am so excited about it because it is at a place called City Park that is just beautiful. I thought about running with my boys in the jogger, because it is a "Mother's Day" 5k, but I really want to try and get a 5k PR. I know it probably sounds a little selfish, but almost every 5k we do is with our boys in the jogger. Besides, they have an awesome playground that the boys love. The course actually goes right by the playground. So, my husband and boys are going to play at the playground and cheer me on when the race starts! It should be a lot of fun! :)
* I am so excited about this weekend! I think I've mentioned this before, but every year on Mother's day we pick out flowers and veggies to plant around our house and in our garden. It is a lot of fun for us and our boys. And, the weather is going to be in the low 70's; my perfect temperature! :)
* I need to find a good book to read. Lately, all I've been reading are my running magazines, which I love, but I'd like to find a good novel. I know books are kind of a personal thing, but does anyone have any good suggestions?
* I wanted to put this picture in here just because I think it's hilarious! We went to a garage sale over the weekend and saw a Spiderman costume. Of course my oldest had to have it, and for $5 I couldn't pass it up! Now, my boys are obsessed with dressing up in costumes! They wear them every day, I kid you not! :)
I hope you all have a great weekend! I also want to wish all of the mothers out there a very happy Mother's Day! :)