* What training? Ha ha. I've pretty much taken this week off to recover fully before I start back up with my marathon training. I had the normal soreness that we all get after a big race, but I feel good now. Yay! I went on a hike with my boys earlier this week and it was just what I needed, physically and mentally.
* My husband was supposed to have a meeting Thursday morning, but it got canceled. So, he asked if I wanted to go for a short run outside. I was more than thrilled, so I got ready and headed out. I didn't know what to expect from my legs, but they felt great and it was so nice to just be outside running with no agenda or plan in mind. With all of my training, it's been awhile since I've just been able to "run." 4.25 miles later I was back home as happy as can be. :)
* My marathon training calls for a long 13M run this weekend. I'm not sure if I'm quite ready to tackle that mileage, but I guess I'll just have to see how it goes.
* I've decided to take on two new challenges: Legs Love Lunges from 5 Miles Past Empty and the Hard CORE club. Bring it on!
We are supposed to post before pics of our legs for the lunges challenge...ugh! Let me tell you that I have always been very self-conscience about my legs so it took a lot to post these pics. But, here they are.
Please ignore the fact that I need lotion on my legs big time!
Yikes! I really didn't want to post this one!
Other Things Too:
* We got some exciting news a couple of weeks ago. Lance Armstrong made a huge announcement with a mayor stating that in August 20011 there will be a Tour de Colorado! My husband is besides himself with excitement. My husband and I have already said that when it comes, we are taking time off to go and watch the pros do their thing and tackle some of the huge mountains that we have here! It's going to be so awesome!
* I have a confession to make: I like the show, "So You Think You Can Dance." I am not a dancer by any stretch of the imagination, but what draws me to the show is the pure talent that these people have. The way they can move their body and the dance moves they do just amaze me! My husband hates the show and thinks it's lame, and I have to agree that the judging part is pretty lame. But, it's still something I like to watch every once in awhile.
* Check out the veggies we got from our garden! The cucumbers are growing like crazy and they are delicious! My boys love to eat them plain for a snack...I love it!
* How cool is the spam detector feature in blogger now? I love it!
I hope you all have a great weekend! :)