August 27, 2010
A week in review and other things too
* This has been an interesting week because I have the Iron Girl Sprint Tri tomorrow and I wasn't sure what to do in terms of marathon training. I'm really just doing the tri for fun, but I definitely didn't want to run tons of miles and not even be able to perform well in the tri. So, I did a long run at the beginning of the week and a shorter run yesterday. I had the awesome 1hr. bike ride on Wednesday, and even managed to get in some nice, easy swims at the gym.
* I'm really excited about the tri tomorrow. But, what I'm not too excited about is having to get up at 4am in order to make it to Boulder (~1hr. drive) to do the whole packet pick-up thing before heading to the transition area. It should be an interesting drive. I really hope I don't fall asleep!
* I did my yoga class yesterday and let's just say that it totally kicked my ass! I am actually sore today from it in places that I haven't been sore in a long time. What is it about yoga poses that really effect those tiny muscle areas? Hopefully I won't still be sore for my race tomorrow!
* So, I am happy to say that I have made it to running 2 miles in my Vibrams and it felt great! I wanted to run longer, but held back because of my race. I can't wait to do a post on them, but I am waiting until I get a little bit more mileage out of them. There's a race coming up in Sept. called the Naked Foot 5k. It is the first ever barefoot running race in CO and I totally want to do it in my Vibrams! Plus, they are helping Souls4Soles, which is just a great organization.
Other things too:
* Patrick at The Road (A Multi-sport Blog) came up with a great idea for an Olympic tri virtual race! I am so excited about it! Check out the link above for more information about it!
* After I picked up my older son from Kindergarten yesterday he told me he drew a picture of me in art class. This is what he drew:
I don't really have red hair or green pants/shoes, but I love it just the same! :)
* Just an FYI: REI is having their Labor Day sale and clearance event and they have NUUN on sale. I totally stocked up! Oh, and I may or may not have bought some other totally unnecessary things while I was there too! :)
* So, I am totally addicted to Bonktown.com. There are some sweet deals on there sometimes! Check out what I picked up for $12!
* And, just for fun I have to mention this great gadget I picked up at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. It is called The Cherry Chomper and it is perfect for pitting cherries (or olives!). My boys love it and are able to use it by themselves! All you do is put the cherry in the "mouth," push down on the head, and the pit falls into the clear container. It ROCKS! Seriously, I don't know how I managed without it! :)
* Don't forget to enter my giveaway for a chance to win a $40 gift certificate to CSN! Woohoo! I have to say though that I am blown away by the number of you that do not have a foam roller yet. I really thought I was one of the last few without one!
I hope you all have a great weekend! See you Sunday for my race report! :)