August 13, 2010

A week in review and other things too

Training:
*  What training?  Ha ha.  I've pretty much taken this week off to recover fully before I start back up with my marathon training.  I had the normal soreness that we all get after a big race, but I feel good now. Yay! I went on a hike with my boys earlier this week and it was just what I needed, physically and mentally.
*  Unlike my first Half Ironman last fall when I got a little depressed once it was over and didn't do anything for a couple of weeks, I am actually itching to get back out there!  The problem is that I don't have any more tris on my schedule.  :(  There are some sprints I could do, but I feel like I've already taken up so much time training and racing that I should probably give my family a break.  Plus, I know my marathon training is going to start getting pretty intense.  

* My husband was supposed to have a meeting Thursday morning, but it got canceled.  So, he asked if I wanted to go for a short run outside.  I was more than thrilled, so I got ready and headed out.  I didn't know what to expect from my legs, but they felt great and it was so nice to just be outside running with no agenda or plan in mind.  With all of my training, it's been awhile since I've just been able to "run."  4.25 miles later I was back home as happy as can be. :)

* My marathon training calls for a long 13M run this weekend.  I'm not sure if I'm quite ready to tackle that mileage, but I guess I'll just have to see how it goes.


*  I've decided to take on two new challenges:  Legs Love Lunges from 5 Miles Past Empty and the Hard CORE club.  Bring it on!
We are supposed to post before pics of our legs for the lunges challenge...ugh!  Let me tell you that I have always been very self-conscience about my legs so it took a lot to post these pics.  But, here they are.






Please ignore the fact that I need lotion on my legs big time!








Yikes!  I really didn't want to post this one!








Other Things Too:
*  We got some exciting news a couple of weeks ago.  Lance Armstrong made a huge announcement with a mayor stating that in August 20011 there will be a Tour de Colorado!  My husband is besides himself with excitement.  My husband and I have already said that when it comes, we are taking time off to go and watch the pros do their thing and tackle some of the huge mountains that we have here!  It's going to be so awesome! 


*  I have a confession to make: I like the show, "So You Think You Can Dance."  I am not a dancer by any stretch of the imagination, but what draws me to the show is the pure talent that these people have.  The way they can move their body and the dance moves they do just amaze me!  My husband hates the show and thinks it's lame, and I have to agree that the judging part is pretty lame.  But, it's still something I like to watch every once in awhile.  

*  Check out the veggies we got from our garden!  The cucumbers are growing like crazy and they are delicious!  My boys love to eat them plain for a snack...I love it!

*  How cool is the spam detector feature in blogger now?  I love it!

I hope you all have a great weekend! :)

25 comments:

track coach and adorable wife said...

Whatever! I love every bit of SYTYCD! I wait all year for that show. It brings me to tears sometimes and dance is one of the only things that touches me emotionally like that!

Heather said...

I joined the Hard CORE Club too! I need all the help I can get! Your boys are so cute, the expressions on their faces in the last photo are funny! My training plan has me running 12 miles tomorrow. Good luck with your trainig. I was super impressed with SYTYCD this season, I am amazed at what those dancers can do, I love the show!

Alisa said...

You look great! I have no idea what you're talking about! However, I should get back on the lunges train =) I know they are so good for you.

I would love to exchange some emails about your experience from last fall (i.e the depression). I think I might be in it a little bit myself. I've gotten in a run and a swim but in general feel a bit blah. Not sure if it's b/c I'm disappointed with my race or just b/c it's over. I'd love to hear from you! ambitiousalisa at gmail dot com.

Emz said...

Those legs are KILLER!!! Awesome. I'd like to know hoe you improve on THAT though.

Christi said...

Enjoy the rest! Your veggies look great!

Jon said...

Way to stay motivated and good luck transitioning into marathon training. Have a good weekend!

Running and living said...

OK, I don't get the comment about your legs? What is wrong with them? They not only look GREAT and STRONG, but they also gave you that amazing bike split not too long ago! Just sayin':)
I, too, got depressed after my first big race (a marathon), and never after that. I am hoping I won't get depressed after my first HIM, since I am racing a marathon 6 weeks after the HIM!

Lindsey said...

I like watching SYTYCD. I wasn't happy with the winner, though.

Also, I don't care what you say, you have rockin' legs!

Ironman By Thirty said...

Good luck with the marathon transition! I have one more big tri and then I am making the same transition :)

misszippy said...

Your legs look fabulous--can't do much better than that! You are being really smart to take this week of easy time. Your body and mind will both thank you later.

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

I joined both the lunge challenge and the hardCORE club too!! :D I have yet to blog or post pictures about it lol...

Amanda said...

I think your legs look great now...
nice veggies too!

Anonymous said...

Nice stems :) Lunges will make them even stronger, for sure.

I just went for a 13 miler today, as I'm doing a half in about a month. Gah, I hurt from my butt down. I'm really happy that I start to taper after this run. But way to go for the marathon! I'm not ready for that...yet.

Regina said...

ok, Miss Body Dismorphic! You've got great pins! I'll take 'em if you don't like 'em.

That challenge sounds like something good. I must think this over seriously.

BTW, that Erin Baker's cookie saved me on my ride home from upstate; a three hour drive that took 5 hours! I'm also loving the camelbak water bottle, my new fav!

Julie said...

I have to say I was pretty excited about the Tour coming too! I will find a way to see them!
And those legs...please...I would love to have legs that looked like that! Not to mention ran like yours do!

AM! said...

Um, you're legs look hawt: super great biking legs. embrace em' baby.

and that is great that there will be a 2011 Tour de Colorado!! Cool!!

Kathleen said...

Can I have your legs? I will have to check out the Legs Love Lunges challenge. I will never post pics of my legs though. Never :)
Your boys are very cute. :)

Unknown said...

Im so jealous you get to see Lance!! And by the way your legs are strong now!!! :)

Unknown said...

A few thoughts:

1. Legs look awesome!
2. Love SYTYCD
3. Still time to sign up for Aflac Iron Girl Boulder!!

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

To add to the chorus - your legs are great. If you want to feel better check out my leg pics! Also I am jealous about Tour de Colorado. I was planning on going to the Tour de Georgia to see him and others - but then it was canceled. Urgh... maybe a road trip to CO is in order.

DRog said...

Great pic of the boys on the bridge...recovery week! you'll be able to roll right back into the marathon schedule no problem

Anonymous said...

Your boys are sooooo cute!

wendy said...

Just found your blog! Love it!

Patrick Mahoney said...

I'm looking forward to see how the Tour of Colorado comes together as well. I must say it was pretty awesome to be able to drive a few hours during the second half of the Tour of California to see world class cyclists...your husband will be stoked.

Unknown said...

You're boys are too cute!

And what are you talking about with your legs... they look great now!!!! :) We're always our own worst critics I guess!