Ginger Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
* 1/2C garbanzo bean flour (you could also replace with whole wheat pastry flour)
* 1/4tsp. salt
* 1/4tsp. baking soda
* 1/2C shredded unsweetened coconut
* 3/4C chocolate chips
* 1/2C crystallized ginger, chopped
* 1/3 C soymilk
* 1/2C canola oil
* 1/2C raw sugar
* 1/4C almond butter
* 2tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with a silpat or parchment paper.
2. Stir the flours, salt, and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
3. Stir in the coconut, ginger, and chocolate chips.
4. In a small bowl, heat the almond butter in the microwave for ~15sec. Whisk the almond butter with the oil, sugar, milk, and vanilla extract.
5. Add the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined.
6. Form the dough into 1/2Tbl. size balls and put on the cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 15-18minutes or until tops are starting to brown. (*Note: these cookies do not flatten out like other ones)
8. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.