Why has it been a great day you might ask? Well, let me tell you!
* So, both of my boys are now officially in school, and I am finding myself left with time to do things I've never been able to do. Now, I love my boys, but they make ordinary errands 100x more difficult. I went to the grocery store this morning, all by myself, and it was so peaceful. How many of you have ever considered grocery shopping peaceful? Without my boys there was no whining, fighting, begging, or any drama in general. It was just me walking around leisurely putting the groceries in my cart. Usually I have my list all planned out and it's a mad dash through the store to make it out without the boys having some sort of meltdown. Not today. And it was sooooo nice.
* Then, I decided to go for a bike ride. What?? A bike ride in the middle of the morning in the middle of the week? That's crazy talk! Ha ha. It was one of the best bike rides ever! It's been awhile since I've been able to just go out for a ride without any training agenda in mind. Yes, I know I'm doing a sprint tri on Saturday, but really my tri training is over. It was beautiful out, there wasn't a lot of traffic, and I just rode and rode. I ended up riding for about an hour, then headed home.
Seriously, can my helmet look any bigger on my head? I have such a small head that I just look ridiculous in a helmet. And, that is one reason why I will never have an aero helmet!
* When I got home there was a call from Runners Roost saying they got my shoes in! Yay, a new pair of shoes! I love my Brooks racers! And, I got them for 20% off...woohoo!
* On my way home from the store, my husband called to ask if I wanted to meet him for lunch. What? You mean I will actually be able to eat lunch with my husband without our boys? Like a lunch date? I cannot even remember the last time we've had lunch alone together. It was awesome!
* But, while all of that was nice, the real reason it was a great day was being able to play with my boys after school and talk to them all about their day. I love them so much and cannot believe they are both in school now. It blows my mind how fast they have grown up.
Yeah...we're all about crazy superhero costumes in our house! :)
Yes, he IS wearing one of my old race swim caps on his head. What else are they good for? :)