November 18, 2011

I'm All Checked In!

Yesterday was the first day of athlete check-in, so my husband and I headed down to Tempe Beach Park to get things started.

This was one of the first things I saw:
The bike transition...completely empty!  I definitely got some butterflies walking by that area!

Check-in was scheduled to start at 10A, which is roughly when we got there, and there was already a line.  Fortunately, it went pretty quickly and before I knew it, it was my turn to check in!!!

I started getting more butterflies as I moved through the different tables.  BUT, it wasn't until I got my wristband and actual packet where the volunteer pulled everything out and walked me through it all that it REALLY hit me that I WAS DOING AN IRONMAN!!!  Although I had tons of butterflies at this point, I also got really, really excited!

I walked out, found my husband, and of course had him take my picture! Ha ha!

I have my wristband, my goodie bag, and the warm sunshine on my face! :)















We headed to the bike area to find my bike spot, #365.
Then, we dropped off all of my stuff back at our car, and headed out for a 40min. run.  We were able to do 1 section of the run course and it was awesome!  I was so happy to be able to preview part of the course before race day.  People had already started writing little notes of encouragement on the path, and I have no doubt those will help me through the run!

When I got home I laid out all my bags, took a picture, and quickly put them away.  Ha ha!  I figured I still have one more day to get things organized, and I just didn't want to stress about it...yet!

31 comments:

Lynn said...

Good luck!

Missy said...

Good Luck!! I am volunteering at bike special needs. I will keep my eyes peeled for ya so I can give you a shout out. Go get em! Looks like your gonna have a great day for a race!

CautiouslyAudacious said...

So excited for you!!

Unknown said...

Go crush it and have a wonderful experience!

Alisa said...

EEEEEEEEE! So exciting.

Betsy said...

Woo Hoo! I'm sure you will not be thinking coherently at this point but I'll be at the 80s themed water stop waiting to feed and hydrate you. Have a great day! I will be nothing short of amazing, I promise!!!

Anonymous said...

Best of luck! Can't wait to hear all about it - I am going to try and sign up for this in 2012!

Dawn said...

I keep seeing updates on twitter about it all...I WISH i would have done this one with you! I was JUST THERE...and had I known months ago you were in it I would have signed on with ya! (Next time:)
GOOD LUCK you!!! I'm cheering you on from here!!!!

Sage said...

This is where all the hard work pays off. Good luck!

J. L. said...

Awesome! Good luck!

Maggs said...

Good luck!!!

Amanda@runninghood said...

OH AIMEE! How exciting!! Good luck girl! You look great as always.

KC (my 140 point 6 mile journey) said...

So excited for you! 2 weeks ago, i was walking in your shoes. The entire experience, from check in to hearing, Aimee you are an ironman is just going to be unforgettable. Enjoy every second of it! I know you will b/c you put a lot into your training. I'll be stalking you on Sunday girlie!

Unknown said...

The days are getting closer!! Its finally here!! YAY!!

Jon said...

Ah, yes, the moment of "realization". You are NEVER going to forget the moment; where you were; exactly what you were doing. Did you get chills down your neck?

SO. EXCITING!!!!

Keith said...

I hope you have the day of your life! No matter how hard the going gets, keep going, and don't forget to enjoy it. Pride is forever.

Caratunk Girl said...

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! I didn't do my bags until the last minute either!!

I hope you have a fabulous day!

Julie said...

I'm so excited for you and I know you are going to be awesome! Good luck and have fun!

Jill said...

Woohooo!! It's race time. You are going to do awesome...have a blast out there, you will be stalked from Colorado!!!!!

Jason said...

so very excited for you. You are going to have an awesome day.

Stay off your feet as much as possible today and relax as best you can because tomorrow you go from IMT to IM (Ironman in Training to Ironman)

Big Daddy Diesel said...

ENjoy your reward for all your hard work

Unknown said...

So excited for you! Have a wonderful day!!

Michelle said...

Best of luck!

DRog said...

GL! Enjoy the wknd and especially race day

D

Pia [Kaukomara] said...

Good luck!

Dawn said...

Have been thinking of you all day and just wanted to know I KNOW you're gonna do great!!!!!
hugs!
GO KICK BUTT!;))

Regina said...

Good luck! Can't believe it's finally here. Time to cash in. Go get 'em!

GetBackJoJo said...

Have an awesome race!! Good luck!

Caroline said...

new follower wishing you all the best

Unknown said...

Go AIMEE Go! You are kicking butt girl!

DRog said...

IRONMAN!!!!

CONGRATS!!!

I had the feed on while doing laundry last night and caught your finish: high fives as you approached the chute that was great!

D