Peanut Butter Blondies
Amber at Almost Vegan (Even if you're not vegan, you should check out her blog because she posts some of the most delicious recipes! Yum!) did a post for her White Chocolate Peanut Butter Blondies (here) and put out the challenge for other people to make them. They looked and sounded absolutely delicious, so of course I wanted to make them! I asked her if she would be alright with me posting them on my blog, and she said yes! Yay! I made a couple of substitutions, but I have no doubt that the original recipe is delicious. That being said, mine turned out soooo good! So good in fact, that last night after dinner, none of us could eat only one of these. We all had two, and believe me, I wanted more!
Makes 16 bars
* 3.5oz white chocolate
* 6Tbl. creamy natural peanut butter
* 2Tbl. coconut oil
* 2 Flax eggs (2 Tbl. ground flaxseed mixed with 6Tbl. warm water)
* 1/2C raw sugar
* 1/2C brown sugar
* 2tsp. vanilla extract
* 1/2C whole wheat pastry flour
* 1/2C all purpose flour
* 1/2tsp. baking powder
* 1/4tsp. baking soda
* 1/2tsp. sea salt
* 1/2C chocolate chips/chunks (I thought I bought regular choco chips, but I just had mini...they still worked though!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x9" square pan (or 8" pan).
2. In a large bowl, mix the ground flax with the warm water, and set aside, allowing it to thicken.
3. In a small saucepan, combine the white chocolate, peanut butter, and coconut oil.
4. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is mostly melted. Set aside to cool.
5. Take the bowl with the flax eggs and whisk in the sugar and vanilla.
6. Add the cooled white chocolate peanut butter mixture and whisk to combine.
7. Sift in the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
8. Fold in the flours until almost, but not quite combined.
9. Add in the chocolate chips and stir until just combined. Be careful not to over mix!
10. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 22-25minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
12. Enjoy! Oh, and I bet you can't eat just one! :)