September 29, 2010

Humpastry Day - Peanut Butter Blondies

Peanut Butter Blondies
Amber at Almost Vegan (Even if you're not vegan, you should check out her blog because she posts some of the most delicious recipes! Yum!) did a post for her White Chocolate Peanut Butter Blondies (here) and  put out the challenge for other people to make them.  They looked and sounded absolutely delicious, so of course I wanted to make them!  I asked her if she would be alright with me posting them on my blog, and she said yes! Yay! I made a couple of substitutions, but I have no doubt that the original recipe is delicious.  That being said, mine turned out soooo good!  So good in fact, that last night after dinner, none of us could eat only one of these.  We all had two, and believe me, I wanted more!


Ingredients:
Makes 16 bars
*  3.5oz white chocolate
*  6Tbl. creamy natural peanut butter
*  2Tbl. coconut oil
*  2 Flax eggs (2 Tbl. ground flaxseed mixed with 6Tbl. warm water)
*  1/2C raw sugar 
*  1/2C brown sugar 
*  2tsp. vanilla extract
*  1/2C whole wheat pastry flour
*  1/2C all purpose flour
*  1/2tsp. baking powder
*  1/4tsp. baking soda
*  1/2tsp. sea salt
*  1/2C chocolate chips/chunks (I thought I bought regular choco chips, but I just had mini...they still worked though!)


Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x9" square pan (or 8" pan).
2.  In a large bowl, mix the ground flax with the warm water, and set aside, allowing it to thicken.
3.  In a small saucepan, combine the white chocolate, peanut butter, and coconut oil.
4.  Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is mostly melted.  Set aside to cool.
5.  Take the bowl with the flax eggs and whisk in the sugar and vanilla.
6.  Add the cooled white chocolate peanut butter mixture and whisk to combine.
7.  Sift in the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
8.  Fold in the flours until almost, but not quite combined.
9.  Add in the chocolate chips and stir until just combined.  Be careful not to over mix!
10.  Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 22-25minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
11.  Let cool, then cut into 16 bars.
12.  Enjoy!  Oh, and I bet you can't eat just one! :)

20 comments:

Emz said...

You KNOW I have been waiting all week for your hump day post!

You never disappoint!!

YUMMY!

I bet I can eat "just one PAN" full though.

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

those look so delicious!! yummy!

KovasP said...

Mmmmm..except for the peanuts, this looks great, maybe I'll try it with another nut butter as a substitute. Thanks for the link for Amber's blog.

Christi said...

Oh, I am so hungry! I could go for those right now!

Heather said...

These sound yeally good!! i love peanut butter and chocolate together!!

Teamarcia said...

Divine!

Velma said...

OMG - amazing. How is the toe?

Jon said...

Its the off season! Bring on the Blondies! Woo hoo!

Julie said...

I think everyone in my family would love these:)

Anne-Marie said...

Those look sooooooo yummy! I think if I had all the ingredients in the house I would be making them right now :)

Regina said...

I love this day! another good recipe to try. Btw, have you see this blog

http://weelicious.com/

it is awesome for school lunch ideas and other general good, quick food ideas. It isn't all vegetarian, but there are a lot of good recipes (that I am sure you could make even better!!)

ShutUpandRun said...

YUM. I made the best brownies of my life today from the Oct issue of Cooking Light. Might have to post the recipe.

Sherri said...

I'm totally NOT vegan...and I totally should be, but I am passing that link on to my dear vegan cousin!! Thanks!
I love all your recipes....so we will be making these soon!

Anonymous said...

YAY! I'm so glad you liked the blondies! I've made them with mini chips too, and they're great that way. I'm definitely using coconut oil and brown sugar in mine next time. Actually, this week I made them with almond butter, and they came out amazing! Hooray for foolproof recipes :D

Amber

AM! said...

uh!!! my kids would love you. this is an area that I don't put much attention to, and I know it'd make my kids/fam happy if I just busted out a cool dessert here and there!

as always, love your recipes. if anything for future inspiration. (the meals I can do, i'm just bad w/desserts. I stick to boxed cookies, ice cream and such)

JC said...

I am glad that I DON'T have ALL of those ingredients because I would be making these and there probably wouldn't be ANY leftover! YUMMY recipe! I did try the oatmeal bar recipe and it turned out delicious!

Caratunk Girl said...

I gain weight every Wednesday when I look at your posts... :)

Kevin said...

Those are my favorite. Now you got me wanting some. I made some Zucchini Banana Bread last night and it was awesome. I almost ate it all while it was still hot.

Kevin
http://halftriing.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Oh, those look so good. I never cook with peanut butter anymore; it's too worrisome with a close friend and many kids at school being anaphalytic. But, I can taste these..

Unknown said...

yum. yum. yum.