Makes 4 cups
**Note: I used Braeburn apples, but I'm sure you could use any variety
* 2Tbl. sugar
* 1/8tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
2. Mix the sugar and cinnamon together and set aside.
3. Slice the apples crosswise into 1/8" thick rounds.
4. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper (or a silpat).
5. Arrange the apples on the baking sheets and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture on top of them.
7. Peel the apples off of the parchment paper, then return them to the paper.
8. Continue baking until golden crisp, about 30 minutes more. **Note: It took longer than 30min. for some of the apples to crisp up because they were thicker than 1/8". However, the chewy ones were actually really good too. So, if you want more of a chewy dried fruit consistency, you could probably cut the bake time down.
9. Remove from the sheet, let cool, and gobble them up! Or, store in an airtight container for up to 5 days!
Now, for the CSN Giveaway Winner!!!
Thanks to random.org,, the lucky winner is:
Amber at Almost Vegan!!
Congrats Amber! Email me your address and I'll send it to the wonderful people of CSN!