Seriously, this is SOOO EASY to make! And, what I like about it is that once you have the base you can add whatever your heart desires into the mix to make it your own. The options are pretty much limitless! All you need to do after that is add hot water, and voila you have a yummy, nutritious, FAST breakfast!
Not only will these be awesome on our camping trips, but I am planning on making a bunch of packets to have on hand for quick, easy breakfasts when we're rushing about trying to get the boys to school on time! I hope you like it! :)
Makes 1 packet
For the base:
* 1/4C quick cooking oats
* 2Tbl. oat flour (*Note: I just grind up 1/4C oats to make my own flour...easy peasy!)
* 1/8tsp. salt
* snack bags to store it in
For the Mix-Ins:
Raisin Brown Sugar Oatmeal
* 2Tbl. raisins
* 1Tbl. brown sugar
* 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
* 1tsp. chia seeds (or more if you like)
* 1Tbl. chopped walnuts
1. Take 1/4C oats and grind it up until you have a flour-like consistency.
4. I put all the ingredients in snack sized baggies that my husband could bring with him on his trip. I made another batch and stored them in my pantry for easy breakfasts.
5. When you're ready to eat it, just add some hot water (more or less depending on how thick/runny you like your oatmeal). You can also top it with fresh fruit (bananas, berries, etc.), more sweetener of choice, peanut butter, almond butter, etc.... YUM, YUM, YUM!!!
|I know this isn't the greatest picture, but I forgot to take a picture before I started eating it! :)|