Anyways, because I've been on this chocolate kick, I decided to tweak my Homemade Granola recipe and make it chocolicious! I think the end result turned out super yummy! It is great on yogurt, ice cream, or even eaten by the handful right out of the container! :) I hope you like it!
|See that HUGE bag of choco chips?? I told you I was craving chocolate! Oh, and ignore that almond extract in the picture...I didn't end up using it.|
* 2C old-fashioned oats
* 1/2C chopped almonds (or nuts of choice)
* 1/4C ground flaxseed
* 1/4C chia seeds
* 2/3C grapenuts (or other nugget like cereal)
* 2/3C dried cherries (you can use any dried fruit here, but I like the choco cherry combo best!)
* 1/2tsp. cinnamon
* 1/8tsp. salt
* 2Tbl. coco powder
* 2/3C brown sugar
* 1/3C water
* 1Tbl. agave (or other sweetener)
* 1/2C choco chips
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3. In a big bowl, combine all of the ingredients except brown sugar, water, agave, and choco chips.
4. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar and water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves (~2-3min).
5. Remove from heat and add agave and chocolate chips. Stir until combined.
6. Pour the choco mixture into the dry mixture and stir until the dry mixture is coated.
7. Spread the mixture onto the cookie sheet.
8. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5-10 minutes to ensure even cooking.
9. Let cool completely (if you can wait that long!). The granola will harden as it cools.
10. Once cool, break into chunks and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.