* Swimming: I am struggling with this, and if I don't get with it soon, I'm afraid I won't be ready for the 2.4M swim at IMAZ. Yes, I know it's not until November, but I need to get my act together!! So, I got a new book from Amazon this week to spice up my swim workouts a little bit more. I like the workouts in the plan I'm following, but I thought if I had more to choose from it would make me be a little more excited about getting up early to swim. I'll do a review of the book after I do a good amount of the workouts, but just thumbing through it, I think I'm going to like it!!
* Biking: So, I still haven't heard from Full Speed Ahead about my aerobars. I sent them certified mail and know they got them on Monday. You would think I would have received some email about them or something, but I've been sent NOTHING! I'm starting to freak out!! The weather has been so beautiful here and I want to ride my tri bike! My training is getting more intense and I really need some tri bike saddle time. YES, I can ride my road bike, but the position is completely different than riding in aero. I don't know about all of you, but I need to work up to riding 2+ hours in the aero position. So, hopefully I'll hear something soon!!
* Running: I've been running with my Brook's ST4 racers again and I just really like these shoes! They are so comfortable and light and just feel awesome when I run. However, sometimes on long runs over 1hr. I start feeling a little IT band twinge and it scares me! So, I'm still trying to find a shoe that will work for me over long distance for IMAZ. Ugh!! Shoes are soooo expensive and I just don't have the money right now to be experimenting with different shoes. BUT, I almost feel like I need to do that-ya know? Any advice???
Other Things Too:
* Wednesday I celebrated my 35th b-day, and my husband surprised me with flowers when he got home! I love flowers! All of my vases are packed up in storage, so the popcorn bucket was the best I could do! Ha ha!
My son also surprised me with this:
I love how we have opposite outfits on! :) AND, instead of cake I opted for some of this deliciousness:
They just opened a new self-serve yogurt shop and IT IS SOOOO YUMMY!! I choose a pomengranite-chocolate mix covered with reeses pieces, mini hershey kisses, and cookie dough balls! YUM!!
* My in-laws are in town and my boys have been having a BLAST with their grandparents!! These mustaches were a hit and my youngest seriously wore his ALL day! We even went out to dinner and he still wanted to wear his. All of the waiters got a kick out of it! :)
* WE FOUND A HOUSE!! WOOHOO! We've been through inspections, resolutions, contracts, etc. and so far everything is going great! Hopefully, if everything continues to go well, we'll be able to move into our new house at the end of this month!! YAY! We are sooo excited!!
I hope everyone has a great weekend! :)