June 10, 2011

A week in review and other things too

Training:
*  Swimming:  I am struggling with this, and if I don't get with it soon, I'm afraid I won't be ready for the 2.4M swim at IMAZ.  Yes, I know it's not until November, but I need to get my act together!!  So, I got a new book from Amazon this week to spice up my swim workouts a little bit more.  I like the workouts in the plan I'm following, but I thought if I had more to choose from it would make me be a little more excited about getting up early to swim.  I'll do a review of the book after I do a good amount of the workouts, but just thumbing through it, I think I'm going to like it!!

* Biking:  So, I still haven't heard from Full Speed Ahead about my aerobars.  I sent them certified mail and know they got them on Monday.  You would think I would have received some email about them or something, but I've been sent NOTHING!  I'm starting to freak out!!  The weather has been so beautiful here and I want to ride my tri bike!  My training is getting more intense and I really need some tri bike saddle time.  YES, I can ride my road bike, but the position is completely different than riding in aero.  I don't know about all of you, but I need to work up to riding 2+ hours in the aero position.  So, hopefully I'll hear something soon!!

*  Running:  I've been running with my Brook's ST4 racers again and I just really like these shoes!  They are so comfortable and light and just feel awesome when I run.  However, sometimes on long runs over 1hr. I start feeling a little IT band twinge and it scares me!  So, I'm still trying to find a shoe that will work for me over long distance for IMAZ.  Ugh!!  Shoes are soooo expensive and I just don't have the money right now to be experimenting with different shoes.  BUT, I almost feel like I need to do that-ya know?  Any advice???

Other Things Too:

*  Wednesday I celebrated my 35th b-day, and my husband surprised me with flowers when he got home!  I love flowers!  All of my vases are packed up in storage, so the popcorn bucket was the best I could do!  Ha ha!  
My son also surprised me with this:
I love how we have opposite outfits on! :)  AND, instead of cake I opted for some of this deliciousness:
They just opened a new self-serve yogurt shop and IT IS SOOOO  YUMMY!!  I choose a pomengranite-chocolate mix covered with reeses pieces, mini hershey kisses, and cookie dough balls!  YUM!!  

*  My in-laws are in town and my boys have been having a BLAST with their grandparents!!  These mustaches were a hit and my youngest seriously wore his ALL day!  We even went out to dinner and he still wanted to wear his.  All of the waiters got a kick out of it! :)

*  WE FOUND A HOUSE!!  WOOHOO!  We've been through inspections, resolutions, contracts, etc. and so far everything is going great!  Hopefully, if everything continues to go well, we'll be able to move into our new house at the end of this month!!  YAY!  We are sooo excited!!  

I hope everyone has a great weekend! :)

21 comments:

tri like mary said...

Happy Birthday and congrats on the house!! Yay!!

Alisa said...

Happy Happy Birthday!

Re swim workout book---I LOVE that book. The workouts are challenging and really helped me.

Yay on the HOUSE. Can't wait to see pictures. Gosh that all happened so fast, awesome.

Re shoes. I can't help you there, do you have a local running store that will allow returns or exchnages?

Running and living said...

Hi, congrats on the duo, you are so speedy on the bike, jealous over here:)
Swimming will come. You just need to work at it. I do 3 swims/week, one longer (building up to continuous 1.2 for a HIM), one tempo (building up to 2X1000m @ race pace), and one short intervals (4X25, 4X50, 4X100) very fast. I don't time myself, too much pressure. Also, I add a lot of paddle work, which has helped.
Shoes - have you tried the Kinvaras? They are v light but cushy, and just great for longer runs. Happy Bday! great choice on the icecream:)

RunToTheFinish said...

happy birthday!!! i finally got some waterproof headphones and am now much more motivated to swim

A Prelude To... said...

Happy belated birthday!!!!
Congrats on the new house!!!!
I'm thinking Amanda's headphones sound LOVELY. I wonder if I would speed up with the right music??...

Jason said...

Happy Belated B-Day.

Congrats on the house that is awesome.

I am loving the 'staches....they are awesome.

Julie said...

Happy belated Birthday!!!!! Happy for you about finding the house and everything working out for you.

Hope you hear something on your bike soon!

Jon said...

Happy Birthday!

The mustaches totally made me laugh! Maybe your sons will be able to pull off a Tom Selec mustache one day! LOL!

Regina said...

Hello fellow Gemini! Happy birthday! Mine was on Tuesday. Congrats on finding a house, glad it's going well. I hope you don't mind, but I recommended you to Jason at cook,eat,train,race for a food column he is doing. He was looking for folks who know how to cook and you can! Everything ive made of yours has been awesome!

Good luck with the aerobats, that kind of sucks.

Christi said...

Happy Birthday!

Congrats on the house!

Good luck with your training. I wish I could offer advice on shoes but I haven't found the correct pair yet myself!

Anne-Marie said...

Happy Belated Birthday Aimee!!

Congrats on the house... that's gotta be a relief!

I love those build your own frozen yogurt treat places!!

As far as shoes, I cannot say enough good stuff about my Newtons... I should be their unofficial spokesperson :) they're expensive (~$175/pair) BUT I am still running in the pair I bought at IM Louisville last August and they're still going strong!

Unknown said...

Hey Aimee!

HAve you tried the FB page for Full Speed Ahead? That usually gets attention real quick!

Patrick Mahoney said...

Wow you are having trouble with an FSA product too? I dunno what's going on with them. About 3 months ago I had a pair of SLK cranks literally come apart after 70 miles of use. Agree with Jeff on FB, lighting up someone via social media usually does the trick!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finding a house

If you like brooks, Adreline is there next up for added support and cushion.

Ironman By Thirty said...

Congrats on finding a house! I hope it all comes together. My wife and I just yesterday celebrated our 5 year anniversary as home owners :)

As for shoes, when I had my IT Band problems, I switched to the Brooks DYADs and I never had a problem again. Not sure if it was the rest I took or the shoes, but no problems since then.

Hope you like the swim workout book. I think it is a newer edition of the one I have.

Jill said...

Well first, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! Woohoo! I can't even remember when I was 35. Heheh.

That's great about the house....where did you find one?

Let's get a date down for a bike ride sometime, ok? I know life is crazy with the house, but you gotta ride anyway!! :)

I'm in the same pickle about the shoes, but just because I am running a lot on the trails over at CC park and having trouble with the too soft soles on the trails. I may try those PI Streaks....I ordered them at RR but didn't get them b/c they weren't giving me the track discount unless we're in "season" - ridiculous. So I'll get them at runningwarehouse.com I guess. But I'm not sure they're the magic trick. Grr.

Dawn said...

Oh so GLAD on the house find!!!!
AND...I want that dessert:)
Wish we lived closer...I need someone like you to train with!

Dawn said...

Oh YES! AND HAPPY BELATED Birthday you!!!! I'd sing....but- you know:)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday :)

i was catching up and it sounds to me that you are doing well with your training- I think you might be onto something with the swimming...sometimes you just need to spice up the training. Like with biking and running, sometimes just doing things a little different makes a big difference!

Unknown said...

Happy belated b-day Aimee! :)

As for the shoes... good luck with it. It really is hard finding something that you really love. A little tip - run the IMAZ marathon in two pairs. We put a pair in our special needs bag and just the change feels like heaven! :)

Hope FSA gets back to you.. this is a little crazy!

Your boys look like they are having a ball! :)

Velma said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!