Makes 12 patties
* 1/2C chopped onion
* 6cloves garlic, minced
* 2-15oz. cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
* 8tsp. dried parsley (OR 1/2C chopped fresh parsley)
* 1/2tsp. baking soda
* 2Tbl. all-purpose flour
* 2tsp. cumin
* 1/2tsp. coriander
* 1/2tsp. salt (or more to taste)
* 2 flax eggs (2tbl. ground flax mixed with 6Tbl. water) (OR 2 eggs, beaten)
* 4tsp. olive oil
* If your eyes tend to tear up when you cut onions, you might want to think about investing in a pair of onion goggles. Yes, I said onion goggles!! My mom got these for me and I thought they were ridiculous, but they work! I may look like a complete idiot when I wear them, but it's totally worth it to me! :)
1. Make the flax eggs and set aside.
2. In a pan over med-high heat, saute the onion and garlic until soft and translucent, about 5-7 min.
3. In a food processor, put the garbanzo beans, parsley, cumin, coriander, salt, and baking soda. Process until coarsely pureed.
4. Add the sauteed onions and garlic, flax eggs, and flour. Pulse until combined.
6. While the mixture is in the fridge, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
7. Put the patties on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat.
9. Eat them with hummus, tzatziki sauce, or in a pita filled with lots of goodies!