May 7, 2011

A week in review and other things too

Training:
Running:
I went for a great run on Wednesday!  It was a beautiful day and I needed to get out, so I decided to go to my favorite running place, the Highline Canal.  I have not run outside since that day I only made it 1.5M and had to walk back to my car, so I was a little nervous.  BUT, it was great!  I ran 30min. in my VFFs, then switched shoes and ran the last 30min.
I felt fast and it felt awesome to be outside in the fresh air instead of on my treadmill.  I had a little bit of pressure/pain the last 10 minutes, but I think it's because I ran longer than I have since Jan.  I took it easy the last 10 minutes and did some nice stretches when I finished to keep my IT band happy!



Biking:  I rode my trainer for 1:30 the other night while watching WipeOut and Grey's Anatomy.  It wasn't too bad, but I cannot wait to start riding outside more regularly!!  I am kind of sick of the trainer!



Swimming:  I had some good swims this week.  :)  I'm still trying to figure out when I'm going to do my 3x swim,bike,runs a week, but hopefully I'll get into a routine soon and it will be all good!  I gotta tell you though, I'm getting tired of lap swimming.  I CANNOT wait to start doing some open water swimming!  Hopefully next weekend I'll be able to get out!

Other Things Too:
source
*  The boxes continue to get higher and higher and take up more space in our house.  Ugh!!  I cannot believe we're moving next weekend!  Where is May going?  Time is going by way too quickly and I don't like it!
source
*  Lately, I feel like my blog has been pretty lame.  With moving, things have just been so crazy busy here.  I always think of posts I'd like to write, but find myself not having the time to write them.  So, I'm sorry things have been lame here recently.  Hopefully after we move in the next few weeks things will get back to normal!

*  Lastly, I know many of are racing this weekend.  I want to wish all of you good luck!!!  I can't wait to read about your races! :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

15 comments:

Running and living said...

I was thinking the same about my blog. I just don't have the time now. Training for a HIM takes so much time, I can only imagine training for an IM and moving.

Barbie said...

I have missed so much. Your moving? Where to ?

Jon said...

Nice job on the run! Glad that it is coming back!

So you guys redid the kitchen and bathroom and are selling and moving? Good luck with it all!

Pahla said...

Getting outside in the fresh air for all three sports is waaaaaaaay better than the indoor version, for sure! Good luck with your move!!

track coach and adorable wife said...

Geez i have been gone so long I didn't even know you were moving! Good luck with that, I know it can be crazy!

Jill said...

I can't get into my blog much at all...it's been 3 weeks and I believe I have never gone that long.

Good to hear you were out on the Highline and got in a great run. Hopefully the pain was just an overdoing it thing and you'll be pain-free from now on!!!!

Happy Momma's Day to you, hope it's a great day!!!

tri like mary said...

Yay for the run! And, your blog is not lame! :-)

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman said...

You take your time with the moving. You're allowed a little bit of slack when life gets busy. haha Only a little though! =P

Alisa said...

Moving is always difficult---you'll find the right place.

Great job on the run. I hear on the trainer (last year I did soooooo many trainer rides I thought I was going to die). You'll fit it all in and will get into a routine.

As for the blog, it's not lame, if it was you wouldn't have faithful followers =).

Michael said...

Packing is no fun and takes sooooo much time. I don't know how you have time to train and move. You rock for being able to keep it all together....so no worries on the blog front. Truly understandable!

Caratunk Girl said...

You have been so busy!! I have had a hard time keeping up on reading and posting blogs myself. And I am not moving, just busy with life stuff. I am so happy to hear you are running again! AND you will be outside on your bike very soon!!

DRog said...

moving! added degree of difficulty fer sure. great news on the turnaround and momentum shift in your training!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

You have been busy, we understand, you have alot on your plate right now.

Heidi Austin, PT, DPT said...

Good luck with the move! We all have our moments with blogging...I suck most of the time.....

Unknown said...

So excited to hear about the run!

And I totally get being overwhelmed with work... hello... you are moving! You're blog totally isn't lame either! :)