April 22, 2011

A week in review and other things too

Training:


*  Biking:  My husband had Monday off, so we dropped our boys off at school and got ready for a bike ride.  It's been a LONG time since we were able to go on a ride together, so we were both pretty excited about it.
We decided to try out a new trail system that was built to extend one of the popular trails that goes throughout the city.  Usually, we head north into downtown Denver, but the trail was extended south.  IT WAS  AWESOME!  It's fairly new, so not a lot of people know about it yet, which made for a great ride.  The weather was a little windy, but other than that, it was perfect!
AND, I got to try out my new helmet (review coming soon)!  In a nutshell, I LOVED it!




* Swimming: Ummm...this needs some work.  I was doing great, but I haven't been sleeping well b/c my mind is just a mess right now with this whole house thing.  So, I've been exhausted, and it's made it hard to get up early.  AND, I haven't been able to make it after the aqua classes b/c that's usually when I'm meeting with the realtor, signing contracts, etc.  I KNOW...excuses, excuses!  The excuses WILL stop this weekend!!

*Running:  I'm happy, happy, happy about my runs lately!

*IMAZ TRAINING STARTS SUNDAY!!!! 
BRING.        IT.         ON.

Other Stuff Too:


*  Selling our house had been pretty stressful and crazy!!  There is so much that is involved with it, but I thought I'd just list some of the good/bad things going on right now.
-Good: Our house is under contract and we're scheduled to close on May 20th!  Woohoo!
-Bad: We haven't found a house yet and may have to move to an apt. until we do.  Boo!
-Good: My house has never been so clean!
-Bad: Keeping it clean is a lot of work, especially when you have two boys and a big dog!
*  I may have a new running client!  I was contacted this past week by someone who is interested in qualifying for Boston this fall and would like some coaching help.  Our initial meeting went really well, so hopefully I'll be training her soon!
Source
*  Happy Earth Day everyone!!  Although I think Earth Day should be every day, I hope this day makes people out there think twice about littering, not recycling, etc.  AND, if you want some free goodies today, Starbucks is giving away free coffee if you bring in a reusable mug.  Also, Whole Foods is giving away free reusable bags!  Woohoo!

Isn't that a cute bag?  It says, "I love my home...plant earth."




*  Jason at Cook Train Eat Race [HERE], asked if I would do a guest post on his blog today.  He and Matt from The Athlete's Plate are doing a cookie battle.  Of course, I said YES!  I love Jason's blog (if you don't follow him, you should because it's an awesome blog filled with TONS of great things).  So, if you get a chance, go check out the post and vote for my cookie recipe, Heart Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies.  THEY ARE GOOD!  Yum! :)  

*  Happy Easter everyone!!  I hope you all have a wonderful Easter filled with love, family, happiness, and lots and lots of candy!!  Ha ha! :)

20 comments:

KC (my 140 point 6 mile journey) said...

Happy Easter to you too! I hear ya on having trouble hitting the pool in the AM when you are so tired. I just recently switched my time to swim from 5am until after work and that seems to be the ticket. It was not easy to make this old dog do new tricks like messing with my schedule but it works and sometimes being forced to try something new (like a new time of day), is a good thing. I hope your house closes as planned but no so nice about having to move to an apt :(
I love it ...bring on IMAZ!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

So much good stuff going on in this post

- Yay for new trails and that they arnt heavliy populated yet
- New helmets make you faster (at least feel like it)
- DOUBLE YAY for good running
- Congrats on the offer for the house
- congrats on being featured on Jasons blog, I voted for you

HAPPY EASTER

Julie said...

Aimee sounds like things are going in good your world!! Yea! You are going to share that unpopulated trail you found right? :) Would be great if we could meet up sometime and ride...not that I could keep up with you but maybe you could wait every 5 or 10 miles. :)

Alisa said...

sounds like a great week overall.

Yay for getting your house sold so quickly and you'll find the right house for you and your boys!

I didn't know you had officially started coaching. Very cool! Looking for more clients??

Annette@(running)In the Right Direction said...

Glad everything is going good. I love when we all make excuses for not doing something and we totally know we are doing it...and call ourselves out!

Those cookies look super yummy! Going to check out his blog now!

Shannon (IronTexasMommy) said...

I agree with BDD - So much good stuff going on here! Congrats on selling the house! Congrats on the new client! Love the new helmet and Happy Easter!

A Prelude To... said...

Cute helmet!

I've totally slacked on swimming this week. I am SO DONE with laps in the pool. I need lake swims to start...like NOW.

Hooray for Sunday!! IMAZ training starts!! I can't wait to follow this journey! Can't wait, I say!!!

That chocolate easter bunny cartoon is hilarious :D

KovasP said...

So great you might have a new client on top of all the other amazing things this week!

Unknown said...

Happy Easter! Love the new Helmet! Hope finding a house comes soon!

Amanda@runninghood said...

Happy Easter to you too Aimee! Great job on your training and Yay on selling your house...that's the hard part right? Good luck finding a new one!

Unknown said...

Woe - your house went under contract fast!!! That's awesome!

Happy Easter to you and the family!

Regina said...

When we sold our place we moved into an apartment until we found a new place to buy. It's all good though! Congrats!

justme said...

we just sold and moved and it is way stressful. but ia m so happy in my new home

Dawn said...

sounds like a good week overall.
yahoo for the bike together. i can't wait to get mine off the trainer to the outdoors:)
happy Easter!

Michael said...

I've seen that cartoon before but it makes me laugh everytime. So cool that your house sold already - that's fast in the current market. You guys will find something soon. Happy Easter!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Can you come sell our house? We have been on the market for 2.5 years.

Michael said...

Voted for you cookies - looks like you are winning! :)

Jill said...

Oh it is so good to hear that your running si going well and no pain - bring on the IM taining!

I didn't realize you were moving, but congrats on selling your house - not easy in this market!

Please do-tell on the new trail; all I do these days is ride my bike and alwas looking for new places to ride where I won't get hit by so much traffic.

Congrats on the new client! :)

Happy Easter, Aimee!

Unknown said...

Happy Easter to you too! I'm behind on commenting (catching up on reading). I love your helmet and can't wait to read the review.
Hubby is back in the saddle again and I'm hoping this means we can get some cycling in together this summer. Those rides are always so precious.

Ironman By Thirty said...

Happy (belated) Easter and Happy (even more belated) Earth Day!

Good luck with moving, I hope it all goes smoothly.