April 16, 2011

Awesome Mail!

It's not every day that you get THIS in the mail!  When I saw I had a package by my front door, I looked at who it was from and knew exactly what it was.  So, I had my boys do the honor of opening it!
You know what they found?

That's right.  They found
The
World's 
Largest
Gummy
Bear


I love this picture because it shows their complete excitement about having this HUGE gummy bear!!
I won this awesome contest from EMZ  [HERE] and was so excited because I knew my boys would love this!  And, I might love it a little bit too! :)

So, what do you think the first thing we did was?  Here's a hint: Now you see them.

Now you don't.


That's right, we ate the poor gummy bear's ears!  Ha ha!  They were DELICIOUS!  Blue raspberry is a super yummy gummy bear flavor! YUM!













Look at how big those ears are in my boys' hands!

Seriously, this thing is HUGE!  It is literally as big as my head!  Ha ha.
Note: This picture was taken by my 3yr. old.  Not too bad huh? :)
I'm not sure how long we will have this gummy bear, but let's just say that a little bit of it disappears every day! :)

There was another awesome thing in the box too!

I'm sure you all know this by now, but EMZ is running in an amazing event.  She is doing a 24 hour treadmill charity run to benefit the Sojourner Center [HERE] which provides shelter and support to those affected by domestic violence.  She is going to ROCK it by the way!!  I donated to this amazing cause and got one of the famous t-shirts!  Woohoo!  The only problem is that it's way too big for me.  Bummer!  So, my husband is the proud new owner of this awesome shirt!




BUT, even though I can't wear the shirt, this phrase has become one of my favorites.  I have to say that it has been key for helping me get through my recovery runs on the treadmill.

Thanks EMZ!!  And, thanks Peanut for the little notes! :)





I want to give a huge shout out to all of you racing in the Boston marathon!  You are all going to do awesome and I can't wait to read all about your race!  GOOD LUCK, GOOD LUCK, GOOD LUCK!!!!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow look at that Gummy Bear! I watched on the HIstory channel how that made these..LOL!

KC (my 140 point 6 mile journey) said...

Wow! That gummy bear would work really well as a replacement for clif shots. I'd cut it up into shot block sizes and put them in a ziplock baggy. Cool!! And the shirt rocks even if it is too big for you.

B Sue Fly said...

yum! That would last about a day at my house!

Heather said...

Where can I get one of those. Someone (me) should definitely have that in their EAster Basket.

DRog said...

There's just something so wrong with eating the ears of a big gummy bear!

D

Michelle said...

That is the best gummy bear! The ears always go first for some strange reason:)

Kristin Bradfield said...

Wow, just looking at that makes my teeth hurt! :)

Tales of Roads & Trails said...

lol...love the gummy bear!

Sarajane Herbert said...

hee hee hee, Yummy!

JC said...

you are an awesome Mom - I unfortunately wouldn't have shared;)

Dawn said...

I have to agree with Jill;))
AND...you know what I thought when I looked at that Giant? ROCKIN' Energy GEL. It would take you through a marathon and back;)

Kevin said...

YOu always win the cool stuff!!

Kevin
HalfTRIing.blogspot.com

A Prelude To... said...

I can't believe how big that bear's ears were!! Your kids must have been so happy!

Unknown said...

How fun... and could those boys of yours have bigger smiles on their faces? I love it!

Chef Amber Shea said...

Wow, a gummi bear the size of a baby?! Awesome surprise, indeed! :)

Regina said...

I LOVE gummy bears! My son would have been over the moon if this arrived in the mail. Great T-shirt.

Ironman By Thirty said...

That is awesome! You (and the kids) were the perfect winners for that giveaway. You will all have fun munching on it for the next month or two.

Emz said...

I love this.

Awesome.
But. Omg. What ax shirt dud I send?! Hurry. Put. It. In. The. Dryer!!

You. Freaking. Rock. Amy.

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman said...

Holy moly that is a large gummy bear!! I didn't figure it out until you had the ears in your boys' hands. W..O..W!!

Anonymous said...

Haha that is too cute- the bunny and the pics!!! I would make quick order out of eating that, I love gummy bears!!!