* Swimming: I had a great swim this morning! I met with one of my TriBella teammates and one of her friends and it was awesome! I have always done my swims by myself because I get up so early (4:30) to get them done before my boys wake up. But, what a difference it makes having someone to swim with. It was just nice having someone to do a workout with. And, I can see how swimming with someone would really hold me accountable for actually doing the workout as planned. Hopefully I'll get to swim with them again!
* TriBella Team/Store: The new TriBella store opened this week! Woohoo! For those of you that don't know, I joined a new tri team called TriBella, and the person in charge of it all opened a brand new multisport store in Denver dedicated solely to women! It is going to be so awesome! You can check them out on Facebook [HERE]. And, for those of you that live in CO, I have coupons to pass out for 10% off an item! Email me if you're interested.
Along the same lines, we got our new team kits in! They were done by Sugoi, which makes great running and tri clothes, and I LOVE the top and shorts! I also got a bike jersey that is super cute too! It took all I had not to get arm warmers, socks, a visor, etc.. too. Ha ha!
*Running: I've been taking it very slow and easy trying to ease back into things. KC [HERE], who we all know is a Rockstar, gave me some great advice about using the elliptical for some of my runs. So far it's been great. Thanks KC! :)
One thing that's interesting is that there are a lot of people that go crazy on that machine! They're bopping up and down, going super fast forwards and backwards, using it solely for an arm workout. It definitely makes the time go by quickly when I can people watch!
* As I'm sure you all know, Jason [HERE] is hosting a virtual 1/2 mary/marathon race! I decided to do the 1/2 mary distance because 1) I love virtual races, 2) The name is awesome, and 3) There's some great prizes to be won! If you haven't joined yet, visit Jason's blog and sign up!!
Other Things Too:
* We finally got our kitchen pretty much done! There are just a few finishing touches left to do, then it will be finished! Woohoo! I promise to post some before/after pics when it's all done.
* Over the weekend, my oldest son fell out of a tree in our backyard. I was working inside and decided to go check on my boys and I saw him climb up the tree from our kitchen window. I was just getting ready to go outside to tell him to climb down because he was too high when I saw him fall. My heart literally jumped out of my chest and I yelled to my husband to come outside. I was TERRIFIED and all I could think about was broken neck, arm, leg, etc.. Luckily, he survived it with only some scratches, but mentally it really shook him up! I knew it would happen sooner or later because all boys love to climb trees, but I am just very, very thankful that he was alright!
* We finished our taxes! Yay, yay, yay!! It's so nice to be done with them!
I hope you all have a great weekend! :)