I know most people start with the good, but I want to end on a positive note, so "the bad" is going first!
* It has now been 6 weeks since the Rock-N-Roll AZ marathon. It has been 6 weeks since I injured my ITB on my right leg. It has been 6 weeks since I ran!
* Today is a beautiful day here in Denver. The high is supposed to be in the upper 50s..woohoo! So, I decided to go out for a run to test my knee. Plus, I am tired of NOT running! It is literally driving me insane not being able to run. I got all geared up and headed to a trail close to my house. I started running and was amazed by how much running fitness I have lost. I decided to take it slow and easy.
It felt so good to be outside running again! I have missed it so much. I was nervous the entire time, wondering if I would feel that twinge of pain by my knee. Then, at the 1.4 mile mark, the twinge of pain came and continued to grow. I stopped running, said some pretty bad cuss words under my breath, and walked back to my car with my ITB screaming at me the whole way.
|Me, sad and scared|
O-kay, enough of that!
* I went swimming naked this morning and it was awesome! No, not THAT kind of naked, but without any type of timing device, clock, or plan. I just really wanted to swim without having any workout to follow or times to record. I got in the water and it felt so good to be back in the pool again. I tried to really concentrate on my stroke and I think I'm finally getting "the catch!" Woohoo!
* I was contacted by Devon from Outside PR to see if I wanted to try out some new Pearl Izumi gear! Of course I said yes, and before I knew it, there was a box waiting for me on my doorstep! Look at all the goodies inside:
* A pair of Streak II shoes
* An Infinity In-R-Cool long sleeved shirt
* A pair of the Infinity Split Shorts
Unfortunately, the shoes are too small, so I'm waiting for my new ones to arrive. When they do, I'll be sure to write up a review for them.
The weather has been beautiful here lately, so I decided to try the shorts and shirt out on my run today. Even though I was only able to run 1.4 miles, I was still able to get a good feel for the shorts and shirt. Hopefully soon, I'll be able to try them out on a longer run (fingers crossed!).
THE SHORTS: (You can read about the shorts from the PI website [HERE]
* They are a little shorter than I normally wear, but because they have a split seam on the sides, the back is actually a little longer than the front, making them the perfect length.
* The liner is super soft and very comfortable! I've had shorts where the liner has been blah, but this liner is awesome! It stayed put and didn't ride up, get bunched up, or anything. Yay!
* It has a small back pocket that is perfect for a gel, key, or ID card.
* Overall, the shorts were really comfortable. Because of the split seams, they weren't binding. And, they don't bunch up in the front which is one of my biggest pet peeves with women's running shorts! I will definitely be wearing these again in the future!
THE SHIRT: You can read about the shirt from the PI website [HERE]
* First of all, the shirt is really cute and has an awesome design on the back. And, I love the blue contrast fabric on the sides.
* When I first felt the shirt, the first thing I noticed was the fabric. It is really soft, almost like silk, and feels really nice on my skin.
* When I went for my run, it was in the low 50s and windy. This shirt kept me cool when I warmed up, but it also provided the perfect layer of warmth from the wind. I loved it and it will definitely be a staple in my running wardrobe from now on!
* Note: These products were sent to me for review purposes, courtesy of Pearl Izumi and Outside PR. I was not compensated in any other way for the review, and was not obligated to give them a positive review. All of the reviews are my own based on my personal experiences.
* I know today was supposed to be a Tasty Tuesday post, but I promise I'll post a recipe tomorrow! :)