* I've been taking it pretty easy this week with my runs, which has been nice. However, I am really looking forward to doing a long run this weekend! It was been too long since I've gone long and I'm itching to get out there! It's going to be cold, but I got some new winter stuff that I think will help me get over my "cold wussiness!"
Check out these awesome Saucony gloves I found! They are the Ulti-Mitt II [HERE].
**Note: I bought these gloves myself and this review is based on my own opinions. I was not paid by Saucony to review these gloves (Although, Saucony, if you want to send me free stuff to review...I'd be happy to test out your awesome products!) :)
At first glance, they look like ordinary gloves, right? But, what happens if the wind starts picking up and it gets really cold? Usually, my fingers still end up going numb, even with gloves on. But, these gloves have a secret weapon.
Hidden wind mitts!! They tuck into this little pouch when you don't need them. But, when the wind comes out...voila! You have the ultimate protection! I LOVE these gloves. And, do you notice the little black cloth area?? Perfect for wiping dripping snot from your nose. You know it happens, and you know you do it too!! :)
Oh, but that's not all they have!
They also have these nifty little holes, that you can take your thumb and index finger out to easily tear open a gel, gu, sport beans, or whatever! How awesome is that?
AND, do you see that little light by my wrist? It comes with a little mini clip on light that you can put wherever you want to be more visible. It has a solid and flashing option.
Again, these gloves ROCK! They are a little pricey, but for me, it was totally worth it to be comfortable in the cold and wind.
* Long run help!!! I'm still trying to figure out how I want to do my long runs from now until my marathon. I basically have 4 weekends of long runs left (the marathon is on Jan. 16th). So, I'm thinking of doing 20, 18, 16, then 10. I know a 20 miler this weekend is probably not the best idea since I haven't run long in awhile. But, I kind of feel like I need to do it-ya know? What do you all think? What would you do? How would you do your long runs from this point on? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Other Things Too:
* Jill at Run With Jill set up an amazing holiday blogger gift exchange this year! Thanks again Jill...you ROCK! I was so excited when I opened my mail box yesterday and saw a shiny red envelope addressed to me!!
Jason at Life Of An Aspiring Triathlete sent me such fun things! Two cute little books, and an awesome Christmas ornament, which I put on my tree right away! Thanks Jason!!! :)
* KONA is on tomorrow! Who else is going to be glued to their TVs tomorrow?? I will be on my couch with a box of Kleenex by my side. I don't know what it is about watching that race, but I am always in tears pretty much throughout the entire program!
* I cannot believe this is only 1 week left until Christmas!! I am sooo glad that I have all of my Christmas shopping done! I've been out running errands and everywhere I go, it is a complete zoo!!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! :)