August 21, 2011

A blogger meet-up and other fun things too

Alisa and me.  I really need to do something with my hair!!
Last week Alisa was in town on a business trip, so we planned on meeting Tuesday morning for coffee.  I was able to drop my boys off at summer camp and meet her downtown, which was perfect!  I was so excited to meet her!!  She is so nice, like I knew she would be, and I had a great time talking to her.  Before I knew it, an hour had passed and she needed to go.  I wish we could have talked longer, but I am so glad that we were able to meet up!  Thanks Alisa!! :)
My son is the one in the green shirt.  Don't you love those tricycles in the back??
On Friday, my youngest son graduated from preschool!  I didn't even know they had a graduation from preschool, considering he'll be in Pre-K next year, which is just another year of preschool.  I thought it was kind of silly and debated taking him, but I am so glad I did.  IT WAS ADORABLE!  And, it made me realize just how big he's getting.  He's 4 now and I just can't believe it!

This is what happens when you mix BOYS + WATER + DIRT.  They were outside playing and I was inside doing laundry when I heard a lot of laughing.  I went outside and this is what I found.  They had pretty much covered themselves in the mud!!   They thought it was hilarious!!

I have been parenting solo this weekend because my husband headed down to Salida, CO to watch the first stage of the Pro Cycling Challenge!!  I am so jealous!!  I wish I could have gone with him, but it would have been CRAZY bringing our boys, and this is the first week of school, which is kind of important!  I can't wait to watch it on TV.  Hopefully it will be successful and we'll continue to have it every year, which would be awesome!!!

I hope you all had a great weekend! :)

10 comments:

Regina said...

Your boys look like they were having way too much fun! This seems to be the week of husband trips to be jealous of; my husband was in Jackson Hole. I was green with envy!

Jill said...

Looks like you had even more laundry after your boys got done being boys!! :)

Fun to have another blogy meet-up...and I so love downtown!

Unknown said...

Aw, I love that you got to meet Alisa! :)

Your boys are too cute! The mud... ahh, gotta love boys! And I adore the preschool graduation picture. He looks so proud!

Tell your hubby to keep an eye out for the Team Type 1 guys. That's my hubby's team! :)

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Now hold on...
Why isn't he watching the kids and you at the race?

Jason said...

I gotta say having a boy in my life is hilarious. I don't think I would feel the same about a girl which is not right but you just worry more I guess.

Our little guy went to his first day of Kingergarten today and it is amazing to see how big they get and how fast it happens.

A Prelude To... said...

The boys look like they had a blast. As you can see from yesterday's post, my daughter would get along with them JUST FINE!

Alisa said...

Yay, fun times! It was really great to meet you, wish I had had more time!

Your kiddos are adorable and muddy.

PS You're very laid back and that hairstyle totally fits =). When I'm at home and not working I'm totally a ponytail gal too.

Ironman By Thirty said...

I'm actually watching the US Pro Cycling on the DVR right now! I know one of the United Health Care riders (Brad White). Long story, but we actually bought his parent's old house and keep in touch with the family.

That picture of your boys is priceless!

Jon said...

I almost got to go to the US Pro Cycling race with press credentials but I couldn't due to a wedding! GAAAAHHH!!!!!

Awesome that you got to do a blogger meetup. They are so much fun!

funderson said...

BA! This cycling thing! It's coming through Crested Butte today (right past my office) and you'd think it was the second coming. I just hope I can get home at the end of the day. OK...even I'm a little excited to see what all the hoodeledoo is about.