* I got some new books in the mail! Woohoo!
2. Thrive Foods: I have Brendan's book (Thrive: A Vegan Nutrition Guide to optimal performance in sports and life) and really enjoyed it. While this book has some of the same info. in it, what I like is that it comes with 200 plant based recipes! So, it's a guide and cookbook in one book...kind of like a 2-in-1! :)
This is basically what we did for an hour:
There were 10 stations set up and we did each station for 1min. After completing each round of stations, we did push-ups for 1min. I think we ended up doing the stations 3 times. Then, we did some core/ab work followed by some yoga stretching poses.
1) Tricep pushbacks using a resistance band attached to the wall
2) Elbow plank while alternating touching a block in front of us with each hand
3) Ice skaters between 2 cones
4) TRX- squat with pull-ups
5) Squat with side kicks while holding a medicine ball
6) Hamstrings-while on your back, put your feet on a balance ball and lift your butt up, then pull your feet towards your butt
7) Step ups onto a bench with knee ups at the top-alternating sides 1/2 way through
8) Mt. climbers while holding onto a bosu ball
9) Wall sits with bicep curls
10) Jump rope
This was a great workout and I actually really liked it! Sooo...instead of paying over $200 for the 2 week class (YIKES!), I am going to set up my own boot camp stations in our basement! I pretty much have all of the stuff, and it's FREE! Woohoo! I figured I could rotate doing the boot camp with my TRX workouts on different days in order to get an all around great strength workout. What do you think?
Other Things Too:
* I got this awesome shirt from Run Pretty Far and I love it! The material is soft and almost silky and it is super comfortable! Plus, I love the sayings on this shirt..if you click on the picture you can see them up close.
* Our oldest son is not one to just put Lego sets together and be done with it. The things he creates and comes up with are amazing. So, for Christmas, we got our son the Lego Master Builder Academy program. Is is AWESOME! He gets a new kit every month and it comes with a Master Builder book that teaches him Master Builder techniques. I've been doing the kits with him, because he can't read it all by himself, and we are having a blast! I'm not very creative when it comes to building with Legos, so I'm secretly loving it because it's teaching me things too! :) Plus, I'm able to get that special one-on-one time with him in a fun way.
Have a great weekend everyone!! :)