October 7, 2011

A week in review and other things too

Training:
My training volume for IMAZ has REALLY started getting intense!!  With only 6 weeks left, my long bike rides are getting into the 5-6hr. range and my long runs are nearing the 2:30 mark.  So far, I am feeling good.  I haven't had any problems with my knee (woohoo!) and I feel like I'm getting stronger every week! :)

BUT, there have been times when I'm relaxing with my boys on the couch reading books and I feel myself starting to fade.  I know that if I could, I would be able to just lay down and take a nap!  Ha ha!
Source


But, like this picture, if I did that, who knows what kind of mischief my boys would get in to!  :)











Biking:
Last weekend I did a 90M bike/6M run brick and the weather was perfect!!  This weekend, not so much!  Check out the forecast for the weekend:
Planning Forecast

Umm....I was supposed to be doing a 5hr/1hr. brick on Saturday outside.  BUT, that WON'T be happening!!  I am a cold wuss!!  Plus, I don't really like the idea of being outside in freezing temps and rain!  Sunday is clear, but don't let that fool you.  The temps. in the AM will still be COLD, COLD, COLD!!!  So, because of the weather, I have decided to do it on my trainer/treadmill!  I'm going to aim for getting up at 4AM and just knocking it out!
I'll be watching this, twice, which I've been saving for a long trainer day.
Tempe, AZ Training Ride (Vol. 6 - On The Road Virtual Reality Cycling)



Hopefully I'll make it through!!
Have any of you ever done a 5hr. trainer ride???  How did you survive it??


Other Things Too:


Remember this ugly blood blister I got?  Well, after reading all of your comments, I was all set to pop it, lube it up with ointment, and put on some mole skin.  BUT, the next day, when I woke up, it actually wasn't that bad.  So, I decided to just let it be.  Now, it still looks pretty gross, but it's healing nicely!!








The other day my son came running downstairs as proud as can be because he had gotten dressed all by himself.  (Normally we still have to help him with his shirt)!  This is how he "dressed" himself!!  His pants were inside out and his shirt was on backwards!!! Ha ha!  My husband and I tried so hard not to laugh because he was so proud of himself, but he was just a complete mess! :)



I hope you all have a great weekend!!!
I'm excited to watch some of the live feed from KONA!  I think it's going to be a really exciting race this year!!! :)

14 comments:

Ana-Maria RunTriLive said...

Glad training is going so well. That is some sick volume, but it will help you so much come race day.
Oh, and my son still outs his pants, underwear and shirt the wrong way. So cute:)

Regina said...

Yeah for good training. Glad someone is having a good year! Five hours on a trainer? That is dedication.

Funny about your son. Just this week I was walking my son to school and halfway there I realized he had his pants on backwards. He always gets himself dressed, but I guess "Curios George" was just too engaging that morning.

J. L. said...

I read once that the biggest compliment for a runner is "Dude, you're crazy!" I'm not sure that comment even comes close to someone getting up at 4am to put 5 hours in on a bike trainer. But I understand it, and wish you luck with it. You must be getting so excited!

Michael said...

My co-worker is doing IMAZ too....he's the one I shared the interview post on a few months back (not sure if you read it or not).

I love the pic of your sweet boy with his clothes all inside out and backwards. That it too stinking cute!!

Julie said...

Kudos to you if you manage that traainer ride! Kathleen does things like that all the time after 45 minutes I'm dying! I'm so excited for you guys to do this!

Love the pic of your son! I've got some funny ones of my boys after they have dressed themselves but never inside out pants! LOL! The one that sticks in my memory is both legs in one leg of a pair of shorts. :)

RunningWhit said...

I think 2 hours is my max on the trainer. I tried to mix things up to keep from getting bored...seated hill climbs to random 1 min standing climbs and easy recovery spins. You'll do great!!!

Jill said...

That is funny about your son's pants :). How cute!

Good luck with the trainer/treadmill! Think about me freezing my butt off at the RnR....burrrr!! Like seriously, what happened to fall?

Molly said...

Good luck this weekend!!! I'm glad I wasn't home this week to deal with the rain because it would have affected my training too.

Jason said...

Were you recently playing Kris Kross in the house?

A Prelude To... said...

I think the worst part of triathlon training is how sleepy I get mid day when the kids want my attention (my happy excited fully awake attention!).

Love the way he dressed himself! So cute!

Unknown said...

5 hours on the trainer is a mental workout. :)

Heidi Austin, PT, DPT said...

good luck with the final push... the taper will be here soon enough :)!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I am interested on your opinion on the Spinerval

funderson said...

HA! I love new style! I'm going to turn my pants inside out right now.