* This week has been pretty low key because of my marathon on Sunday. I have to say that I was sore the day after the race, but my soreness actually was not as bad as I thought it would be. It makes me think about my current level of fitness and how, once again, I am amazed at what our bodies can do and overcome.
Other Things Too:
* Welcome new followers!!! I cannot believe I almost have 200 followers! Wow! I'm thinking of doing another fun giveaway when I reach 200!! Yay!
* I had such a fun time with my mom, sister, and nephews! All of the boys got along pretty good for the most part. There were some crazy moments, but that's to be expected when you put 4 boys 5 and under all in the same house for 5 days! :)
Here are three of them playing in the water and mud! Yes, they are typical boys! :)
* My husband celebrated his birthday on Monday! We had a fun family party for him, then all dug into a delicious ice cream cake from Dairy Queen! Seriously, those cakes are sooo good!
He's been getting into mountain biking again this year, so I went with that for the theme of his cake. The boys got a kick out of the picture and thought it was the coolest thing!
* Every day it seems like the days are getting shorter and shorter. I love fall, but I do not like the shorter, darker days. There are only so many hours of daylight that we can use to get training in outside, and inevitably, I'm going to have to start using my trainer and treadmill a lot more.
Lovely area isn't it?? We have to put the "fence" around it so the boys don't get into all of the equipment!
* At the RNR Denver expo, there was a booth for the CEP compression socks. I stopped and told the guy that I loved the socks and was planning on wearing them in the marathon. He gave me a wristband with a website address on it and told me that if I submitted a picture of me racing in the socks I would get a free pair! Score! I'm planning on giving my sister the free pair because honestly, I don't really need another pair. Although, the pink ones are pretty cute! :)
I hope you all have a great weekend! :)