* There are only 10 days left until my first marathon! Where did the time go? I'm getting really excited about it and am just ready to GO! :)
* Because this is a taper week, my runs have been pretty low key. Today I decided to take my youngest on a short 3M run in the jogging stroller along the Highline canal. This was the first time that I've actually pushed the jogger with only him in it and what a difference one less kid makes! I mean, it was still an entire body workout, but it was so nice to only be pushing ~50lbs(stroller+ kid weight) instead of ~100lbs! I stopped along the route to let him watch some water fountains, tractors, and other stuff. It was actually a really fun time!
* I know this doesn't really have anything to do with training, but here is a picture I took along the trail. Notice the white stuff on top of the mountains? Yep, that is snow. The mountains got their first dusting of it last night! Yikes!
Other Things Too:
* Tonight is Parent's Night Out at my son's preschool. They actually let siblings go too, so my husband and I are dropping off the boys and going out on a date! Woohoo! It's been awhile since we've had a date, so it's going to be nice to spend some quality time together.
* I'm so excited because my mom, sister, her boys, and her husband are coming up next week for a visit! My sister was originally going to run the marathon with me, but because of the crazy heat in AZ, it's been hard for her to train for the full. So, she's coming out to do the 1/2 instead! Yay! I can't wait till they get here! She has two boys too (1 1/2 & 3), so our house is going to be a mad house for a couple of days with four boys 5 and under all running around! But, it will be sooo much fun! :)
I've been doing some research and asked Amber at Almost Vegan what she uses and she recommended the Excalibur. It got pretty good reviews on amazon, but I'm still having a hard time coughing up the money to get it. Maybe Santa will get me one for Christmas this year! :)
Alrighty, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
I know there are some of you racing this weekend, so GOOD LUCK! :)
Oh yeah, and I am so excited about Kona tomorrow and can't wait to see who wins!