I'm going to do this post in a little different format from my regular end of the week posts because things are crazy busy here and I only have a short amount of time to post! :)
* My parents flew in on Wednesday and we have been having tons of fun! My boys sure do love having their grandparents here! One thing we did today was go to the swim beach at the Cherry Creek Reservoir. I have been meaning to take the boys there, but have been a little intimidated about going by myself with two young boys that don't know how to swim. But, we went and had so much fun! The boys absolutely loved it and it is a huge area that is just perfect for little kids. I will definitely be making this a weekly event this summer.
* I got a new suit! I ended up getting a Durafast Poly TYR suit and love it. Now, usually I stick with a solid black suit for training, but I couldn't resist this one. As soon as I saw it, it reminded me of my honeymoon in Kauai and I was just drawn to it. It made me happy when I put it on, so maybe it will motivate me to get in the pool more! :) Plus, it was 1/2 the price of the solid ones because it was a print. Nice!
I think I'm definitely going to get a Splish suit at some point (thanks for the idea!), but I just couldn't put off my swim training to wait for it to be shipped.
* I got my free shirt in the mail from Patrick at The Road (A Multi-Sport Blog) and I absolutely love it! Thanks Patrick! :)
* I have been hearing A LOT about the Gluten free diet and am really intrigued by it. So, Whole Foods is actually having a seminar about it tomorrow that my mom and I are going to. I'll let you know what I learn! Do any of your eat Gluten free?
* I have the SheRox tri race expo/packet pick-up tomorrow afternoon. I'm hoping to be able to get in a swim at the reservoir where the race is to get a feel for the water, but we'll see how the day goes. I'm getting really anxious for the race on Sunday. My goal for the race is not to PR, but to do better than my last tri during the swim and not freak out and revert to the dreaded breast stroke! If I can do that, then I will be happy with how I did. I could use any spare good/fast/fish swim vibes you may have! :)
* We're planning on taking our boys to see Toy Story 3 on Sunday after my race. I've heard from several people that they cried and to bring Kleenex! I've been known to cry at kids' movies before (hello! Did anyone see Up?).
I hope you all have a great weekend! :)