* After our camping trip, I was really ready this week to get back into training mode. I feel like I had a pretty good week, but probably could/should have done more. But, with my son's b-day party on Saturday, I just couldn't get some things done. It is what it is.
* I had a great swim at Masters swim class this Thursday. I can feel myself getting faster in the pool, which is awesome. But, I just hope it transfers to the open water come race day. I have another sprint tri this Sunday and I'm hoping the swim will go much better than it did earlier this month!
* Speaking of races, I am excited to do the SheRox tri on Sunday! It will be my first year doing it and I'm really looking forward to it. Then, after that, it's only 6 more weeks until Boulder 70.3! Yikes! Seriously, time is FLYING by.
* I had a great 3hr. bike ride on Saturday after my son's b-day party. I seriously thought I was going to puke during my ride from all of the pizza and ice cream cake that I ate, but it turned out that the ride was just what I needed! The weather was perfect, and I got to try out my new wheels (post to come soon)! Plus, it was so beautiful. With all the rain that we've been getting, the flowers are in full bloom. The trail I rode on had huge bushes of yellow and purple flowers on both sides of it for miles. It kind of reminded me of a scene from The Wizard of Oz where they are walking down the yellow brick road. Kind of like this picture, but imagine the flowers as tall as their knees and overflowing into the trail.
* So far, my marathon training has been slow going. I'm finding it really difficult to get in my long runs on the weekends. There always seems to be something going on. It's not that big of a deal yet because with my HIM training I'm already up to over 10 mile runs and my marathon isn't until October. But, there's a little voice inside my head that keeps nagging me when I skip a run. The good thing is though, after my tri this Sunday, I should be good to go for awhile.
Other Things Too:
* We had our son's b-day party this weekend. He doesn't officially turn 5 until July, but there's a lot going on next month, so we decided to do it early. We decided on a pirate theme, and it was tons of fun!
The birthday boy
The cake. We ordered an ice cream cake from DQ (sooo good!), and then decorated it to look like an island of pirates next to the ocean. Yeah, it's pretty lame, but the kids loved it! :)
* My parents are coming into town this Wednesday for a week. It will be great to have them here and the boys are super excited! And, I'm excited that they'll get to watch my race on Sunday. It will be good to have some extra cow bell ringers cheer me on! :)
* My sister-n-law and her husband just moved to CO from Montana this weekend. Although they'll be up in the mountains, we are really excited to have them closer. Yay!
* With today being Father's Day, I wanted to give a shout out to my wonderful husband. He is an amazing father and we are so lucky to have him in our lives. :)
* Happy Father's day to all of you dads out there! I hope you all had a great weekend. :)