January 9, 2010

One month to do 140.6!!

 I don't know what my problem is, but once the cold and snow come my motivation to workout just gets hidden under the covers.  I am a cold wuss!  You would think that living in CO would make me used to it by now, but it hasn't.  Although I have started to bike and run more frequently, my desire to swim is gone.  I think it has something to do with the fact that to swim I have to get up at 4:30AM in order to get my workout done before my husband and kiddos wake up.  At 4:30 it's still well below freezing and my covers are just so warm compared to the frigid air outside....I get shivers just thinking about it...brrr!

So...I got this great idea from joyRuN's blog and I decided it was just what I needed to give my lack of motivation a big kick in the you know what!  CONTACT Cape-Atlantic is putting on an event that anyone can do from wherever you are!  You can find more info at their website here.   Basically I have one month (from Jan. 18-Feb. 18) to complete a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and 26 mile run.  All you have to do is fill out the registration form, mail in a donation of $25 (so worth the price!!), and they'll  send you a chart to document your training.  You get a cool t-shirt for registering and an award if you complete the challenge (not that that's what it's all about, but a t-shirt and award are pretty cool to get!).



Although I have done a Half Ironman and plan to do another this year, I figure this event is probably the closest I'll come to an actual Ironman...at least for now! :)  140.6....here I come!

4 comments:

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

So nice to find some motivation during these rough months.. course today it is 54 in Seattle area so I cant complain.

Thanks for the u-tube link..

Julie said...

Found your blog via Shut up and Run, Thanks for posting about the Contact Tri....I think I may have to go for it too!

ShutUpandRun said...

That is a great motivator. Good luck and stay warm..

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I am in the same funk when it comes to the cold.

Thanks for sharing the 140.6 challenge!!