* I told my husband that I would love it if everyone that came to cheer me on had on a bright colored t-shirt during my race so I would be able to pick them out of the mass of spectators. So, a couple of days before my race, my husband and I went to JoAnn, bought bright green t-shirts for my entire family for about $2 each and fabric markers. Here are the results!!
These are the shirts my boys and husband did. Of course my boys only wanted to write their names and draw animal pictures..ha ha! But, I LOVED my husband's shirt!
This is a close up of the design my husband did! I don't know if you can see my eyes on the swim picture, but I look pretty terrified (exactly how I felt about it!)
These are the shirts my sister did for herself, her husband, and my 2 nephews! LOVE THEM!!
Yes, my sister calls me pumpa..hence the "Go Auntie Pumpa!"
A close up of the design she did on her shirt! How awesome is that?!! :)
I think they stand out...don't you?? Seriously, the bright green shirts were such a great idea! Every time I finished a loop on the bike I saw the shirts, every time I started a new loop on the run, I saw the shirts...it was AWESOME!!
* Fun things I picked up at the Ironman store! Seriously, it was a mad house in that tent, but I came out with some cute shirts!
* Adding new magnets to my car! Yes, I'm one of THOSE people! :)
* Getting this finisher medal! LOVE IT!
* Spending some quality time with my parents! We only see each other 1-2 times a year, so it was nice to have this time with them.
Watching all of the cousins playing together! They played with that nerf football for hours! The temp. in AZ was in the mid 70s, so it was perfect for being outside!!
* Going on a hike with our boys and spending time with my sister!
Pies, pies, and more pies!! I made the one on the bottom. I called it "Pumpkin Pie with a Chocolate Twist!" Notice that it has more gone than the others..ha ha! AND, we ate them with my mom's homemade whip cream! YUM!
|We actually used this picture on our Christmas cards this year! :)|
* Making new memories with our boys! They had a great vacation and really enjoyed spending time with their grandparents, aunts & uncles, and cousins. Being there 2 weeks was kind of a lot, but it was great for them, which is what really matters!