Makes about 3 dozen cookies
* 2 flax eggs (2Tbl. flax mixed w/ 6Tbl. warm water)
* 1/2C coconut oil
* 1/2C Earthbalance butter
* 3/4C raw sugar
* 3/4C brown sugar
* 1 1/4C whole wheat flour
* 1C all-purpose flour
* 2tsp. vanilla extract
* 1tsp. peppermint extract
* 1tsp. baking soda
* 1tsp. salt
* 1/4C cocoa powder
* 1C chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpmat.
2. Prepare flax eggs and set aside.
3. In a bowl, cream the coconut oil, butter, and sugars together until creamy.
4. Beat in the flax eggs, vanilla, and peppermint extract.
5. In a separate bowl, combine the flours, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
6. Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until just combined.
7. Fold in the chocolate chips.
8. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto the cookie sheets.
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until slightly browned.
10. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.