* My training can pretty much be summed up by one word: NADA. The day after the marathon I started to get a little tickle in my throat. Since I was in AZ I thought it was just allergies. Oh, how I was wrong. As soon as we got back to CO, I got sick AGAIN, and am still sick. It's the same thing I had twice before during my training and I am soooo tired of it! I just want to be well again.
So, I haven't been doing anything except yoga. I know my body is revolting and I need to just rest. But, it sucks and I really want to get back at it. Ugh!
But, is it just me or does it seem like everyone is getting this bronchitis/chest cold/gross snot thing this year. It's crazy that so many of us are sick right now. I hope we ALL feel better soon!
|Some of my TriBella teammates!|
We had our first get together last week and it was so much fun! I am really looking forward to actually having women to train with, especially now that I'll be doing lots of LONG bike rides and runs for IMAZ training.
* Speaking of training, check out our new workout room. Since we had our new carpet installed, we decided to change things up a bit in our basement and dedicate one bedroom to our training! Woohoo! Now, my husband and I can ride our trainers at the same time instead of taking turns. We can even open some windows to get airflow so we don't suffocate! And, we're going to put a small TV in there so we can watch our spinervals, movies, or whatever show we feel like. Yay!
|This is not a picture of me! In fact, I can't even get my heels to touch the ground when I do it!|
* My ITB is still being a bear! Ugh!! I started doing a ITB stretching routine twice a day, so hopefully between the stretching, yoga, and rest, it will heal up before I start training! * Fingers crossed!*
Other things too:
* This is for all the parents of boys out there. I swear I have had to throw away 2 pairs of pants over the last couple of weeks because my oldest is constantly getting huge holes in the knee. They start out as small holes, but by the end of the day it ends up as a massive hole that is too far gone to patch. It's crazy!! He's almost 6, so I know he plays hard with his friends at recess and stuff. My question is, does this happen to all of your boys, or is it because I'm too cheap to buy expensive clothes for my boys. Usually I get their clothes on the clearance rack at Target, but maybe I need to start spending a little more money??
* For those of you who missed my buildasign.com post, you can check it out [HERE]. If there are some of you still interested in getting your own tri cling, email me your address and I'll send one out to you!
Also, Megan at Buildasign.com has offered all of you a 10% discount if you're feeling creative and want to design something of your own! You can use the code SWIMBIKERUN at checkout to receive the discount! Woohoo!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!! :)