December 16, 2011

Holiday Fun!

IN PICTURES (mostly)! :)




Our Christmas Tree!  Some of you already saw this on FB, but that's o-kay!
We went to visit my sister/brother-n-law who live up near Salida, CO and they had to clear some big trees out from around their property.  SO, they cut this one down.  Of course, it was about 20 feet tall, but we were able to cut it to the perfect size! :)
It's not as full as traditional Christmas trees, but I just love it!











AND, on one of the branches sits my new ornament for the year!!  Instead of buying a pre-made one, which by the way is outrageously expensive, I just decided to make my own!  One plastic bulb and a sharpie paint pen make a great  homemade ornament...don't you think?
The other side has the date and my time for IMAZ on it!






So, I don't know if all you moms and dads out there know about this, but every month the Lego stores have a free mini figure build.  Well, the December one was this nutcracker.  I was excited to take my boys, but had no idea what to expect.  The event started at 5pm and we got there around 4:35, thinking that would be plenty early!  NO!!  There were already over 100 kids/families in line and IT WAS CRAZY!  There was no way that we could wait in line for 2hrs, so unfortunately we had to leave.  My oldest started crying because he was just really looking forward to doing it, and I felt sooo sad for him.
SO, what did I do?


As soon as we got home, I set the boys up with a game and I snuck into their room.  I spent probably 40min. in there trying to find the right pieces to make my own version of it!

Obviously, it's not the same, but it's not bad...right??!!  I think I did pretty good considering I didn't have all the right pieces.  AND, the best part, my boys absolutely loved it and thought it was the coolest thing!  :)












Mmmm...Frambozen!  My husband and I wait all year for this to come out during the winter months because it is so good!  I am not a beer drinker, but I'll drink this!













Taking our boys to see Santa! :)















Our "Elf on the Shelf," or Candy Cane as we call him in our house!  Seriously, whoever came up with this idea is a genius!  Plus, it's fun for our boys to try and find him every morning (like hanging from a random hook on the ceiling!) ha ha!








I hope you all have a great weekend!  :)

16 comments:

KC (my 140 point 6 mile journey) said...

Awesome job on the ornament. I love that idea! May need to steal it. Elf on a shelf is so cool. Hanging from the ceiling is even better. Your Christmas tree is very nice. I actually like the less full look better. The boys look so happy with Santa too...Great pics Aimee!

Jill said...

I love the Elf on the Shelf is such a fun idea! You're such a great mom!!!! I love your tree and love the less full look. We have a huge hole in our tree and I just love it that much more :). The ornament is perfect...you should market those :).

A Prelude To... said...

I love your elf hanging from the ceiling and you are BRILLIANT at legos!

CautiouslyAudacious said...

Love the ornament!! Aww you're such a great mom!

JC said...

I love that you hung the elf from the ceilling. the tree looks great:)
Merry Christmas to you and your family

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I really like the tree and the well deserved ornament

Dawn said...

You are a super sweet mom.
A Very nice and well deserved ornament....good idea to make it!

TriMOEngr said...

Loved all the pics! Elf dangling from the ceiling - priceless! A friend put a skirt on her elf that she made so it was now a girl (so her kids would think they got assigned a different elf - LOL).

misszippy said...

LOVE that ornament! We have the elf going here too..problem is I keep forgetting to move him!

Born To Endure said...

I love the m-dot ornament..

Missy said...

Nice work on the Lego, I can barely build a box.

Ironman By Thirty said...

I absolutely love your tree! It is definitely a unique looking tree but I love how much the ornaments pop. It is almost like all your ornaments are on display without being hidden by the fullness of the tree.

Awesome work on the Lego nutcracker. Way better than standing in line for over 2 hours.

Caratunk Girl said...

You are so awesome, there is so much I love about this!! The TREE looks fabulous. The Lego nutcracker rocks!! AND your ornament!! Such an awesome idea!! I haven't had Frambozen but want to try it now!

Kacie Darden said...

Great ornaments!

Elf on a shelf was actually invented by one of my husband's middle school friends! Crazy, right?! It was a pretty brilliant idea!

Enjoy the season!

Julie said...

Lot's of holiday fun going on at your house! Love the IM ornament!

Jason said...

What a great Mom you are. That Lego Nutcracker is awesome. Great job!

Elf on a Shelf is great. Our son is so creative he just called him Chippy.....ha! He had a lazy day that day.

Great ornament.