March 1, 2012

Thursday Trio

This is my very first "Three Things Thursday" post, but I thought I'd name it something a little different!  :)  This has been one crazy week, hence the lack of blog posts.  But, I thought I'd share some of the highlights with you!

1)  Painting Fun:



Yes, I am STILL painting!  These are my painting jeans, and they have definitely seen better days!  Painting is taking forever, and I have no clue when we'll be done!








2.  Great Runs:
This week I've had 2 really great runs!   My first was on Sunday where I did a 10.5M trail run with the Denver Trail Runners.  It was a cold 25 degrees, but the sun was out and it was beautiful.  You would think that because it was below freezing, the ground would be frozen, but because the sun is so powerful here, there was A LOT of mud on the trails.  I had to keep stopping every so often to scrape the mud off my shoes because they would get so bogged down with it.  BUT, it was a blast and I loved every second of it!
 




The second great run was on Wednesday.  We had a sunny, warm, beautiful day here and I was lucky to get to run outside.  I started my 7M run in a SHORT SLEEVE SHIRT...Woohoo!  I couldn't even believe how nice it was.  BUT, 4M into my run, the winds picked up and it got COLD!  I was freezing.  I HATE the wind...absolutely hate it.  It just ruins everything.  :(




3.  Yummy Balls:
O-kay, I have seriously found a little slice of heaven in these things!  They are soooo good!  I've seen a lot of different versions of these and finally decided to make them.  I got the recipe from a new blog I found called Chocolate Covered Katie [HERE].  I modified it a little bit by rolling the balls in different things like coconut, sesame seeds, and chopped almonds.  Seriously, go check out her blog...it is full of AMAZING recipes!
I honestly think I have found the perfect thing to satisfy my crazy late night sweet tooth.   :)

13 comments:

Emz said...

holy
yyummy balls!!
Those look AMAZING!!

I super love the pants!! Those are going out pants!! ;) heels and you are good to go!

running in 25* weather. I got goosebumps just thinking about it. LIKE .....I'M FREEZING at the THOUGHT!!

Born To Endure said...

chocolate..duhhhhhhhhhh, i miss it sooo

Dawn said...

You're still painting! Wow. I would have gone crazy;)
Love outdoor runs. I've been avoiding the treadmill like the plague. I just signed up for an Ultra so I'm hoping wind stays away every time I go for long runs:)
Yummy chocolate...

Unknown said...

I love chocolate covered katie recipes. those balls are the greatest. I think she has one on there that tastes just like a thin mint!!

A Prelude To... said...

I am totally going to try those yummy balls!

Jill said...

I look forward to yummy balls after our boot camp basement workouts! ;)

Glad you are enjoying the trails with your group, sounds like so much fun!

Christi said...

Yummy... those chocolate balls look very tasty.

Great job enjoying the weather and the running!

Missy said...

Chocolate balls!!! Yummy.
A muddy trail run sounds fun.

Molly said...

Oh those look gooooood!

Unknown said...

I can't believe I'm going to type this, but those balls look amazing! :) Have bookmarked her sight! Thanks for sharing!

Love the jeans... I'm with Emz - they actually look cute! I am so not looking forward to our upcoming painting though. Can I hire you since you've become so good?

Alecia @ Hoobing Family Adventures said...

Went on a train run with sun on my back this morning and it has me craving spring running! I am with you, despise the wind!

Alecia @ Hoobing Family Adventures said...

train = trail :)

Alisa said...

I actually enjoy painting...though if I were painting a whole house maybe I wouldn't like it so much =).

Our weather has been interesting too...snow on the ground last week and 60 on sunday, today dropped again and was hailing like crazy.

I always love your recipe suggestions, always so good!