February 3, 2012

A week in review and other things too

TRAINING:

* RUNNING:
What is up with the weather this year?  We have had some BEAUTIFUL days here in CO and I have tried to get outside and enjoy them as much as I can!  I went for a 5M trail run this week and I actually got HOT during my run!  Here I am, in all my sweaty happiness!

I am so glad I got out when I did, because today, we are in the middle of a BLIZZARD!  We are predicted to get around 18" of snow..YIKES!!  Check out our poor chairs and picnic table:


*  ACCESSORIES:
One thing I've been trying to figure out is how to carry all the stuff I need on my short runs.  I used to carry the Nathan Handheld, but when I only go out for a run 30min-1hr., I don't need anything that big. So, I've been using a small 8oz Fuel Belt handheld that I LOVE!
BUT, the little pouch is REALLY small.  It is barely big enough to hold 1 gel...ugh!!  So, I don't have anywhere to put my phone, which I carry with me on every run. BUT, I found the perfect solution!

This is a Sprigs wrist wallet [HERE] that I actually got it as a gift from my friend years ago, but have never used it.  So, while I was rummaging through my stuff, I found it and decided to give it a try.

It worked perfectly!  It stretches, so I was able to stick my phone and key in it, and pull it up my arm.  I thought it would really bother me, but it didn't at all.  It didn't bounce or slide down, and after awhile, I didn't even notice it on my arm.  The only problem is that it's a little tricky to get my phone out with one hand, but it wasn't a big enough issue to be a deal breaker for me.
  

This is a picture of it on my forearm.  It was comfortable there, and further up on my bicep.

Anyways, I just thought I'd share this product with you in case anyone else was having issues with how to carry stuff! :)





*  BIKING:
While I haven't been able to ride outside recently, I have gotten on my trainer a couple of times.  My husband and I have actually started riding together after we put our boys to bed.  BUT, we're getting really tired of our Spinervals and want to try something else.  SO, I was reading a lot about Sufferfest
www.thesufferfest.com
These videos look really tough, but every review I have read about them says they are great training videos.  WHAT DO YOU THINK?  Have any of you used them before?

OTHER THINGS TOO:
*  RUN FOR SHERRY:
I'm sure most of you already know about this, but if you don't, please go read this post on Beth's blog, Shut up and Run [HERE].  I will be running for Sherry on Feb. 11th and hope that you will too.

*  SUPER BOWL:
My dad is a HUGE Giants fan, so of course, I grew up routing for them too!  I am so excited that they are in the Super Bowl and think it will be a great game!  GO GIANTS!!!

I hope you all have a great weekend! :)

14 comments:

Christi said...

The weather is really weird this winter. I am not complaining because I did ride outside twice this week. I loved that! The snow, though we need it, I don't necessarily like it.

Have a great weekend and enjoy the Super Bowl!

Teamarcia said...

Happy blizzard! I could go for one about now as we are severely snow deprived this season so far.
Love the wrist thing. I carry a full fuel belt just so I can hold my iPhone in the pouch. Such a waste.
Enjoy the big football weekend!

Colorado Gal said...

I am loving this blizzard--so much fun!!!

Jason said...

I am a Sufferfest addict. I once did a 3 hour trainer ride to the Sufferest with 3 different videos. I think I have 4 or 5 of them and I'm getting more. You will love them. They really do beat your own a$$ but you feel so much better.

Go Giants!!!!!

Julie said...

I am not loving the blizzard as much as Heather. :) I'm at work just like everyday and I don't see any outside running in the near future and that makes me sad. :( I have loved this nice weather!

I need to get me some dvd's for the bike I think.

track coach and adorable wife said...

Hello SNOW! Currently it is sunny here and I love it! I have no real use for snow or winter weather after Christmas!

I don't know how I feel about the Giants, but I do love myself a Manning!

Betsy said...

This is my first winter in CO so I dont' know any better but I feel like that 70 degree day a couple weekends ago and the 60s this week are a fair trade for a "little" snow!
Thanks for the product review - I want one! And also thanks for the coyote advice. Someone else suggested pepper spray. I think I"m going to get some!
Do you ever come to TriBellas Saturday morning spin? I'm going this week again...maybe see you there some time?

Ironman By Thirty said...

Sufferfest rules! WAY better than Spinervals. It is like watching the Tour de France and getting in a killer workout at the same time.

Jill said...

Bleh to the blizzard! So glad I hit the trails at CC Park yesterday, who knows how long this stuff is going to take to melt...may guess is April!

Alisa said...

Agreed about the weather, it was 50 degrees and sunny here today...this time of year is usually 40 and rain rain rain.

I may have to try that Sufferfest, I put Spinervals on my xmas list but didn't get any =(.

Sounds like everything is going so well for you right now.

Caratunk Girl said...

I love/hate sufferfest. It is awesome. Get it. TOTALLY worth it.

I saw you guys got hammered with snow!! Holy cow!

Kathleen said...

If I had a treadmill, I could deal with the snow a lot better. (still working on it). I do LOVE snow days though!! Being able to work from home and at least see the outside is nice :)

Unknown said...

Mandy sent me a copy of her sufferfest. I can honestly say that I've not braved it yet. But I've heard awesome things!

I love my handheld like that. It's a perfect size!!!

I'm slightly jealous of the snow... but only slightly! :)

Dawn said...

Love that handy dandy pouch. I need something like that! Thanks for the "review"...I'll be looking for one myself:)