Training week in review:
* Since I'm in my taper week, my workouts have been pretty light. I've gotten some good runs in and some really nice bike rides done outside after we put the boys down to bed. It's been nice to have a lower workout load because I've had more time to sleep, play with my boys, and get some things done around the house. But, there's a part of me that's still wondering if I've done enough. I can only hope that I have.
* I'm still trying to figure out what I want to bring with me for hydration on the bike for my HIM. I know it's going to be hot (unless Mother Nature wants to give us a break!), so I'm a little worried about the heat because I sweat a lot! Usually after my race or long runs/bike rides I have white salt crystals all over me. So, I'm shooting for some bottles with NUUN in them and a bottle with a gatorade/water mix. Hopefully it will be enough!
Other Things Too:
* My in-laws are coming in town for a short visit on Saturday. They'll be staying with us for about 4 days, and then heading up to Frisco to visit their daughter and son-in-law. They might be able to come and watch part of my race, which would be nice. I think I could use all the cheering, cow-bell ringing, and good wishes I can get!
* My son had his 5yr. check-up today. He got 4 shots! He was so brave and tried to fight back the tears, but they came with the last shot. It really pulled on my heart strings. Poor little guy! The good news is that he won't have to get any more shots until he's 11! He was pretty happy about that! :)
* I was at Costco the other day and I came across these chips.
* Usually, I glance through magazines while I'm in line at the grocery store, but rarely do I ever buy them. Well, I saw an issue of Vegetarian Times and saw some recipes that looked really good. So, I bit the bullet and bought an issue. I tried out some of the recipes and they are actually really good! I was pleasantly surprised! Now I have to decide if I want to get a subscription or not. Because we cook most of our meals at home, I'm always looking for new and different recipes, and this may be just what I need!
The winner of my favorite things giveaway via Random.org was comment #3 (I know, it's never a low number)! So, the winner is Regina at Chiu on This. Congrats Regina! Send me an email at email@example.com with your address and I'll get it shipped to you shortly!